Quick, no fuss pizza in the Webber

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
When we were away over the new year, we got really lazy so we tried pizza using Lebanese bread as the base.
We do this at home when we want a quick pizza or two so thought we'd try it in the Webber, it works a treat!
The secret to the success is to use a convection tray and the roasting rack and place the base on a pizza tray. This allows the topping to do its thing without the base crisping up to quickly.
It was such a success, we had it 4 times in 2 weeks and it was even chosen over wood fired takeaway!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We normally make our own dough and cook on the stone but I might give this a go. I tried it in our early days on the stone and pretty much cremated the base. Much better idea with the convection tray and rack. Cheers.

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke

McSpanda

Apr 7, 2017
Parkes, NSW
sounds good Turtle, our girls are pizza mad as they are now old enough to cook their own! Will definately give your info a go in our q. Cheers

Reactions: bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Mmmmm i dont know about this thread theres no pics in future any pizzas made take a quick shot or dont you have time before there eaten

Reactions: mfexpanda