Qld trip 21

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Well eight weeks away from Yamba up east cost Qld ,Palm Cove for a reunion, out to Chilligoe back via Ravenshoe ,Rubyvale ,down to Rainbow Beach then home ,2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel towing 17.55 OB ptop.
Positives. Not many!
Too many caravans ,camper trailers etc on the road.Many many more than last year.If you dont pre book you will not get in cpks unless a cancellation.Even pre booking a site does not mean you will get that site. Free camps are now just as busy ,some an absolute mess.Dog owners,note plural ! who parade their dogs around waiting for them to pee and poo on your site,five foot from our awning.this happened twice to us at Palm Cove ,asked the woman why not take the dogs outside the park,she said the cpk was dog friendly and I had a big problem.Suffice to say more was said told her hadnt booked into a boarding kennels,and I was reported to management.They admitted dogs were now becomming a problem.Vans being towed at 85 kph with no consideration of what was behind them. Either brain dead,ignorant ,arrogant or all three.Cardwell Cpk where permanents thought walking through our site 24/7 drinking ,smoking ,was a right of passage. Wanting to get out of a Bargara Cpk at 7.30 am and being blocked in overnight by large van and motor home.Left two hours late due to van owner saying he wouldnt move untill 9.30am ,being polite I went for a long walk !
Caravan pk owner in 1770 where we had heavy rain for two days,which all drained from pk roads onto out site.Dug a trench and got into trouble ,Can not believe the number of pigs in mens toilets .And many thanks to a cpk employee in Bowen who mowed dust ,gravel,dirt into many vans awnings ,plus all over drying clothes on the public clothes line ,you won dickhead of the trip prize.
Do not think this extremely busy period will end any time soon as 1000s of Qld Vics who now can not get home and have been sitting on the same cpk site for three months will now be in limbo looking for new sites.I might add that the owner of Cape Palmerston Cpk has put in bowling greens to keep the Vics there,they stay up to 4 months.!
Will have to have a long hard think about where we go next year.!

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I stay away from coast on the good times and away from van parks mostly for that reason....

Reactions: mfexpanda

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
I stay away from coast on the good times and away from van parks mostly for that reason....
Had to get nth of Cairns because of a reunion of old mates,so only easy way was up the east coast first Thought we might stay In some free camps however most were full .Out west has been just as bad, apparently 200 rigs at Lara wetlands ,places running out of fuel .people having mechanical problems and being told could be weeks till repairs done etc.30000 new RVs were registerd in Qld in the last year alone ! A favourite free camp of ours was on the Clarence river at Cangi Bridge.Never more than 4 or 5 vans ,mate said 20 vans last weekend and a complete mess,rubbish everwhere,kids nappies dumped,toilet paper etc. ! Generators running all day. Whats wrong with people !

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Had to get nth of Cairns because of a reunion of old mates,so only easy way was up the east coast first Thought we might stay In some free camps however most were full .Out west has been just as bad, apparently 200 rigs at Lara wetlands ,places running out of fuel .people having mechanical problems and being told could be weeks till repairs done etc.30000 new RVs were registerd in Qld in the last year alone ! A favourite free camp of ours was on the Clarence river at Cangi Bridge.Never more than 4 or 5 vans ,mate said 20 vans last weekend and a complete mess,rubbish everwhere,kids nappies dumped,toilet paper etc. ! Generators running all day. Whats wrong with people !

Thats what Ive been hearing from friends, some just had enough and came home, I'm thankfull I did my run west before the crowds...... So stuck back home now ?? Weather up here has been beautiful since you left and wind buggered off....lol,lol.........

Reactions: BJM