17' Series Privacy screens, 2015 model

krazykate2712

Jun 11, 2015
Central Coast
Hi, I am picking up our new expanda next week 17.56.2
I have been reading that most bed ends are not compatable with the 2015 model.
Does anyone know where to get some from that fit. I have seen Kakadu might have them however they are a little pricey at just over $1000.
I want the bed end covers to protect the canvas from rain.
Thanks

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
you "should" have the black mesh ones as standard........Privacy screen they are called from memory

as to the "non fitting Jayco ones" I was under the impression that they had sorted that problem, not sure
but
ask and hassle your salesman

Reactions: krazykate2712

krazykate2712

Jun 11, 2015
Central Coast
I can not see privacy screens on my inclusion list so i will have to have ask the dealer about that. He was the one who told me to get the kakadu ones.

I will check out the website for geelong and see what they have thanks

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I have really thick black privacy screens that jayco geelong in vic make much thicker than standard ones 250 each they are very good keep rain out
I have the same. I compared them to another Expanda in a caravan park some time back. The Prestige Jayco are much better.
I've never had a problem with wet canvas at all. In saying that we have been lucky with the weather we have had while using the van, but I have had it set up for the last month while getting prepared for our three month trip and haven't had any issues despite some very heavy and windy days.
@krazykate2712 i would recommend waiting to see if additional screens are really required prior to spending the cash.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I can not see privacy screens on my inclusion list so i will have to have ask the dealer about that. He was the one who told me to get the kakadu ones.

I will check out the website for geelong and see what they have thanks
mite be best to ring ???? they normally get them made as they need them

Panda Shell

Oct 28, 2014
Kalamunda WA
When we picked up our 2015 van we were refunded some money as Jayco didn't bother to design any privacy screens. As far as I know they still haven't for the 2015 new/old style bed end.
It's very frustrating! I m going to take our van to get a quote to have some made up tomorrow.

Cheers

Shano

Reactions: bigcol

Mustang

Feb 16, 2015
Melbourne Bayside
Hi folks,
I can tell you after my factory tour the other day, that Jayco are making both kinds of bed end covers for the new Expanda's...I'll attach some pics...the dealer wasn't even aware!!

Edit; the sail tracks that you see in the first pic only fit on the caravan, not the pop-top (different lids!), whilst the press-stud clip on privacy screen in pic2 are on a pop-top's lid..

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: