Starcraft Pressure Valve Issues

Tiery

Aug 29, 2021
Burpengary East
Hello

Chasing some help with a water problem i am experiencing with my 21.6 Jayco Starcraft Outback. Connected to mains water while we were parked at Big 4 Caravan park, noticed water was very slow in any water outlet in the caravan e.g. shower, kitchen sink etc. Thought it might be the brass water pressure valve under the caravan, purchased new model, fitted, but noticed when we connect mains water back up again, water was pouring out of the front/rear water filler inlet

First thing i thought of was "did i connect the pressure valve the correct way", which i think i did but does anyone have a mud map of underside of a Jayco Starcraft to show correct direction.

Tiery

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Hi do you have water filters somewhere as filter cartridges that need replacing can give you low flow and if the van has been sitting the gunk will almost stop the flow, worth a look

Chasing some help with a water problem i am experiencing with my 21.6 Jayco Starcraft Outback. Connected to mains water while we were parked at Big 4 Caravan park, noticed water was very slow in any water outlet in the caravan e.g. shower, kitchen sink etc. Thought it might be the brass water pressure valve under the caravan, purchased new model, fitted, but noticed when we connect mains water back up again, water was pouring out of the front/rear water filler inlet

First thing i thought of was "did i connect the pressure valve the correct way", which i think i did but does anyone have a mud map of underside of a Jayco Starcraft to show correct direction.

Tiery

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Water coming out the tank fill holes usually means the one way valve in the pump is stuck open. This allows mains water to feed the wrong way through the pump and back into the tanks. Mine has the valve integral with the pump so it needs to be dismantled and the valve cleaned. Many give up on this valve and insert a proper john guest 1 way just after the pump (on the pressure side)

Low flow rates from a hose connection is usually the pressure reducing valve (some put a higher pressure one in) or a crummy non return valve hidden in the hose connection at the inlet compartment. You release the john guest pipe from inside, turn the connect 45 ish to remove from the box, look in the back to see the little valve, and push it out somehow. BUT just confirm the brass pressure reducing valve has a non return first - otherwise turning the pump on will push water out the inlet...

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As @jazzeddie1234 said sounds like the pump NRV has jammed, while its handy to add a john guest NRV in the line on the pump outlet, clearing the pumps NRV's blockage is important, possibly a bit of plastic drill swirl has lodged, if you don't remove it the next bit of crud will build up, check and clean the inline filter between pump and tank as well, this looks very similar to a normal garden irrigation filter (because it is) give the screen a clean.......

Many also fit a Guest NRV as close to the mains inlet as possible so when the Jayco one in the connector fails it doesn't cause any drama, when this fails and yu are using tank water, turn on a tap and water will pour out of the mains connector, not great when you are off grid... The emergency solution here is to connect your hose to the mains fill connector and the other end to the tap on the draw bar, no need to turn tap on the hose will block the flow... A John Guest NRV about $20 now that and the odd joiner and 90 deg fitting handy to have in the spares box.

With the mains PRV I've just pulled the guts out or mine, have never found mains pressure to be that great and really the garden hose fitting would blow off well before any of the the vans fittings, they only seem to be another drag on the pressure/flow.
You will never find a plane on Jayco wiring or plumbing as its seems to be how things happen on the day but if oyu ever decide to redo the plumbing you can often come away with some spare pipe and a few spare fittings with the bonus of better flow as you remove some of the bottle necks........ also the difference between blue/red or black pipe is just the colour they are all the same pressure rating and temp tolerant....

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Hello

Tiery
Valve has an an arrow on the valve for water direction,just connect hose to water inlet will get you the water direction