PMK Mods Expanda 16.49-1B - OB

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Its funny I was actually crawling around under mine the other day looking for a place to mount some flaps also but was considering going the width of the van underneath

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Its funny I was actually crawling around under mine the other day looking for a place to mount some flaps also but was considering going the width of the van underneath

Hi CD,

I thought about that but the rubber I had is pretty heavy & I was also thinking about wind drag & too much for the joist the're mountrd on. I'm probably over thinking it a bit ! Ha !

I just mounted them clamped between some 20mm gal angle & 20mm flat bar on the other side fixed together with some 1/4" large headscrews & nuts. Then bolted the angle part straight onto the bottom edge of the floor joists. I think the're strong enough but thats why I went to two seperate flaps.

Cheers,

Paul

Reactions: cruza driver

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Well been busy again ! I replaced that useless LED light Jayco put over the sink with some 30SMD strip lighting (2 runs). As the cabin lighting throws a shadow while your standing at the sink it was an area that needed better lighting. I doing the same under the overheads above the dinette table as well.

IMG_9120 (533x800).jpgIMG_9122 (800x533).jpgIMG_9124 (800x533).jpgIMG_9125 (800x533).jpg

I picked them up on ebay, they weren't as cheap as some of the ones from China but these are finished in an aluminium channel & encapsulated in a resin. Look pretty good. & the light output is much better than the Chinese ones.
Cost me $37 for the two delivered from a local Melb supplier.

Cheers,

Paul

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Well been busy again ! I replaced that useless LED light Jayco put over the sink with some 30SMD strip lighting (2 runs). As the cabin lighting throws a shadow while your standing at the sink it was an area that needed better lighting. I doing the same under the overheads above the dinette table as well.

View attachment 5779View attachment 5780View attachment 5781View attachment 5782

I picked them up on ebay, they weren't as cheap as some of the ones from China but these are finished in an aluminium channel & encapsulated in a resin. Look pretty good. & the light output is much better than the Chinese ones.
Cost me $37 for the two delivered from a local Melb supplier.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi

Love the lights. Could you put the link to the LED's on Ebay. The cost is pretty good. I am not so worried about the sink area as I find the light Jayco put in ok, but I want one above the table area. No light there is a silly idea

Cheers

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
G'Day Stuartcarr,

Here is the item number, just enter it in the search on ebay & it should come up; 260865964091. They are based in Melb & deliver within a week.

Cheers,

Paul

Reactions: stuartcarr2002

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
:first: I have a strip of led's sitting in the cupboard your making me fell lazy for not fitting them yet :violin:

I was going to use them above the dinnette too like Stuart.

Did you wire them into the wiring for the factory light over the sink?

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
:first: I have a strip of led's sitting in the cupboard your making me fell lazy for not fitting them yet :violin:

I was going to use them above the dinnette too like Stuart.

Did you wire them into the wiring for the factory light over the sink?

G'Day CD,

Don't feel too bad about not fitting them.......... I'm just one of those people who can't sit still.... Gotta be doing something !! Besides we head off for a trip on soon so I'm trying to get as much done as possible.

I have ordered another two which I will run under the overheads above the dinette also. This area needs better light also.

Yes, I wired into the factory light above the sink, although I disconnected from it & moved the wiring so I could mount a switch just under the front egde of the cabinets. On my pics you can just see the switch in the middle of the two bars. I left the standard light in place but it doesn't work. ( not really a great light anyway )

I'm not sure where I'll will pick up the supply for the ones above the dinette yet. There is a terminal box in the forward overhead cabinet that feeds the internal roof lights but this supply is also switched from the switch near the entry. This would have to be on for the dinette lights to work.......

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Paul

Reactions: cruza driver

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
G'Day CD,

Don't feel too bad about not fitting them.......... I'm just one of those people who can't sit still....

Cheers,

Paul
Me either usually unless its by a campfire :biggrin1:

A month away thats sounds good

Was the led shop the one in Ferntree Gully?

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Me either usually unless its by a campfire :biggrin1:

A month away thats sounds good

Was the led shop the one in Ferntree Gully?

Ahhh !! ................ Don't mention campfires during a working week........ now all my motivations has suddenly left me !!

Not sure where they are as I bought them trough ebay. The return address on the pakage was Point Cook. The company name is Volka Lighting but I think the only deal through the web. They seem to have quality items though, compared to the ones I had ordered out of China & Hong Kong.

Disclaimer ; I have nothing to do with Volka Lighting........... Just a happy customer.

Paul

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Well today I fitted the LED Bars to the dinette area & it came up great.:biggrin:

IMG_9152 (800x533).jpgIMG_9154 (800x533).jpgIMG_9155 (800x533).jpg
These are the same as the two I fitted above the sink.

& then I had some spare time so I put the shelves in the wardrobe to make more use of the space. I had planned this mod as soon I as got the van home from the dealer.:amen: We never hang anything up when we're travelling anyway.

IMG_9150 (800x533).jpgIMG_9151 (800x533).jpg
Just some white melamine board from the local harware & some aluminium angle for the supports all up around $ 25 - Good value I reckon.

So all in all it was a couple of productive hours..........

Cheers,

Paul

Reactions: MastoCamper

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Thanks Pace, Yep! it's a hectic time of year but we have a trip very soon & I don't have much choice......... There's more I want to do but some things are just going to have to wait........

Thanks Moto,
My pleasure to share the info, this site was a huge help for me in the months leading up to the delivery of my van. The least I can do is give something back. I just finished fitting covers to the outlet plumbing & level senders on the tanks........ I'll post pics when I get time......... I have a fair idea what need protecting as I learnt the hard way with the Eagles first trip........ At least we can learn from our experiences...... Good & Bad !

Cheers,

Paul