pj ranger 2008,auto,purchased late 2009 at 11000km

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
RE 2008 ranger going into limp mode, just lost all I had written , here goes again. contact with ford case manager was a waste of time as I thought it would be. She was sorry I had issues but ford would not recognise a fault unless a ford authorised mechanic was present to observe and confirm fault. At $100 dollars plus per hour I dont think I could afford to take a mechanic on a trip which could last from 100km up to 3000km plus for the fault to occur. As the consumer affairs info states, car manufacturers will prolong investigations in any way possible to get you to give up.
One thing I did find out was, re my blown intercooler incident at 30000km , After being told at least 4 times before, and after taking it in to be repaired the price was $600, and again when advised it was ready to pick up. Before paying I asked what ford had to say about the issue, the service manager said they had not contacted them( I had asked them to ring ford as it was just inside warranty) When he came back from the phone and computer he presented me with a account for $837/87c. with a discount noted in handwriting saying $237.87 ford contribution/ As I have previously stated I was told it was to be $600, before ford was contacted. THE FORD case manager told me ford had not contributed anything toward this incident at all. She suggested the dealer may have discounted out of his pocket,( that is the previous dealer, to the present one)
I think I will give up, other wise I will probably go crazy, worrying about this matter. I will spend a bit of time over the next few months posting on other car forums about the importance of pestering dealers and manufacturers, promptly, about matters you know are not right, until they fix it up.
I will report my ranger as a faulty and possibly dangerous vehicle to consumer affairs. Rightly or wrongly I have ordered a new ranger as I feel it will be best for what I want.
You've ordered a new Ford?

Ford victim

Feb 8, 2016
western victoria
I bought the new ranger, I fell it is the best for what i want. No matter what brand you have no big companies want to help you much. A friend had an issue with his toyota ute recently ( about $300] and out of warranty by less than 1 week,. they would not assist him, had to pay full cost.
I will be asking a lot of questions when I see dealer soon, from a distance a noticable lean to left, measured at 25ml. front and rear. A fellow was looking at my ranger in supermarket car park recently and as I recognised him I said what was he looking at. He asked if my ranger was leaning to the left,, as his 2015 was. He said it was common knowledge that they all seem to have this issue.
No light in ignition keyhole and have to open door at night to see the difficult location of keyhole.Bull bar crooked and too close to bonnet at top (25mm) at ariel mount on one side and 45mm on other. at the lower section of bar 5mm fom body and other side about30mm
I supplied the 30amp power lead and one anderson plug from my old ranger to supply power to boat loader and split off a 15amp fuse and plug to van fridge. they put the fridge plug on the opposite side of the tow bar to where the van leads are, meaning i would have to cross the cable over hitch, despite telling them to locate both on left side near the trailer plug ($154) Getting sub frame from old ute retro fitted to new canopy for fitting of boat loader and hopefully getting away before july to bororoola via west side of flinders renges and across to darwin and home to vic. via perth

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Like us all how much do you have to spend to get good service and people who care about there product