password

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Hi Expanda
I've been having a little issue over the past couple weeks.
When I enter the webpage from the bookmark the screen says at the top "Welcome Straydingo". Once I enter an actual forum, I find I am not logged in. Once I log in, it again says at the top Welcome Straydingo and I stay logged in for a while, but a few hours later or the next day I need to log in again.
Running Firefox on Win 7. Cleared memory, cache and cookie monsters. Removed the 'remember password' setting for this site and re-remembered the password on the next login. (which has fixed it on other occasions). No system changes other than std windows updates, and was occurring before your site updates. All other passwords remembered as still working ok.
Any suggestions to try?

cheers
Andrew

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hey SD and Expanda
I too have been having this issue. On both my Mac running Safari and a Dell Laptop running Windows 7 using Chrome or Internet Explorer. I just thought it was from using the bookmark but could be something else with others experiencing it also.
Happy to provide more info or do testing if needed.
Cheers
Ants

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hey Expanda

It is only the last few weeks for me. It has not happened today actually - on PC. I can't remember if it happened yesterday but certainly did on Friday both PC and MAC.
Cheers
Ants

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey Expanda

It is only the last few weeks for me. It has not happened today actually - on PC. I can't remember if it happened yesterday but certainly did on Friday both PC and MAC.
Cheers
Ants

Okay, if you can let me know as it does it again so I can check in the logs.

Friday would make sense as we changed servers so a new cookie needed to be requested and it would have been a bit messed up.

If you let me know when it happens again I can go through the logs and check it out.

Thanks again for bringing it up and apologies its happening!

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi expanda,
Same thing happened to me, I removed the bookmark, logged back in and saved the bookmark. That worked the first time about a month or 2 back. About 2 weeks ago happened again. Tried the same trick and didn't work this time, just seemed to come good after a day.
Will let you know ifit happens again. This was with both our Mac and iPad.

Jas

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Sorry for slow reply - I've not been around.....

For me, about the last two to three weeks. Most recently....30 seconds ago :D

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I just found I took so long to write a particular post, by the time I clicked "post quick reply' I had been logged out, and it told me to refresh and log in (luckily had been able to Ctrl-C the text first :D) - probably about an hour or less from clicking into that particular page and just leaving it on the screen while typing (and pretending to work/phonecalls :D:D:D)

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, I have changed some settings in the background to attempt to rectify the issue as follows -

1) I have increased the time it takes for the system to log you out during times of inactivity to 30 minutes

2) I have changed the cookie domain which is the file the site gives you when you login to the system

To accommodate these changes you may be forced logged out once until you log back in again to accept the new cookie.

Let me know if there are any changes?

Finally when you do login please ensure the box is ticked "Remember Me" and if you have further issues please let me know if you have ticked this box or not when you logged in last.

Cheers!

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi [MENTION=1]expanda[/MENTION] I have only just started having problems today I have to log in each time even if I have the remember me box ticked, when I log in it takes me to a page which says invalid redirect but then I can click on forum or what ever else and its all good until I shut down the browser, then have to log in again I'm using Safari 6.0.2 on mac OSX 10.8.2

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Cheers Jas that worked, pretty clever .........for a Holden driver :smile: yeah I know .... dont start! Thats why I love this site everyone gets along Even Ford & Holden fans :fencing:

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Cheers Jas that worked, pretty clever .........for a Holden driver :smile: yeah I know .... dont start! Thats why I love this site everyone gets along Even Ford & Holden fans :fencing:

Happy to have helped mate, and yep who would have thought Holden and Ford fans getting along....see pandas can bridge the divide :)

Bring on Clipsal I reckon, can't wait...weekend in front of the box for me, and given the rain we are having over here sitting in front of the box is becoming a regular event.

Jas

Capt. Gadget

Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Happy to have helped mate, and yep who would have thought Holden and Ford fans getting along....see pandas can bridge the divide :)

Bring on Clipsal I reckon, can't wait...weekend in front of the box for me, and given the rain we are having over here sitting in front of the box is becoming a regular event.

Jas

Long weekend here in the west and away in the Expanda so I don't think I'll get away with too much sitting and watching but it supposed to be wet here too so you never know!

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne

Jas
Completely unrelated to the topic, or the Clipsal 500 (which will be won by Ford), but my brother in law won the comp to wave the chequed flag at the GP next month.....

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Ahhh StrayDingo, it's nice to have a dream, nothing wrong with that :) I am sure there will be a Ford in the top 10. Just don't think it will be in places from 1 through 5.... ;)

Crackin news about the brother in law, lucky bugger.....

And like SD apologies for getting off topic.