out with the Old and in with the NEW

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
well, I had a few "bites" for my Flamingo, but no-one had the coin ready at the time, so it was used as a trade in for my........

NEW 16-49 Expanda
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh its soooooo pretty

never realised how much junk I had in the Flamingo until I emptied it, and NO, not all of it went into the Van

so happy - except I have to go to work tomorrow, and then when I get home next week, off for its "maiden" voyage.

cheers

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
well, I had a few "bites" for my Flamingo, but no-one had the coin ready at the time, so it was used as a trade in for my........

NEW 16-49 Expanda
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh its soooooo pretty

never realised how much junk I had in the Flamingo until I emptied it, and NO, not all of it went into the Van

so happy - except I have to go to work tomorrow, and then when I get home next week, off for its "maiden" voyage.

cheers
Well done. :becky: It's the only way to let a Flamingo go without tears.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
sure is........

although the work I had to do once I had it home, she had better be worth it

I had 20mm either side of the Flamingo, through the back gate - cool Expanda is the same width, easy peasy
NOPE
I forgot to allow for the arms on the awning didnt I.....?
so I had to pull down part of my fence, fabricate another gate, sheet it, and fit it up.... 2 days ginning around because someone (ME) forgot about the arms of the Awning......
(otherwise it would have been done previous to the pickup of the new one)

DOH

cheers

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
sure is........

I had 20mm either side of the Flamingo, through the back gate - cool Expanda is the same width, easy peasy
NOPE
so I had to pull down part of my fence, fabricate another gate, sheet it, and fit it up.... 2 days ginning around because someone (ME) forgot about the arms of the Awning......

DOH

cheers

:nonchalance: Oh dear!!
Mind you I thought an 18.57-7 was 18 feet long...I had to redo the whole front garden, and then forgot about the air conditioner rising the same distance as the floor of the van when I had the axles underslung. (Power cables are a bit like those catcher things on aircraft carriers).
Rest assured, an Expanda is worth it.

Reactions: Holden_man

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
sure is........

NOPE

DOH

cheers
Don't let it get to you!

I had to pull down a carport, remove 2 gardens, 2 gates and 2 brick pylons to get my van in!

Congrats on the new van as well!

Reactions: Xpandafan

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Don't let it get to you!

I had to pull down a carport, remove 2 gardens, 2 gates and 2 brick pylons to get my van in!

Congrats on the new van as well!

Pfffft we need a new house to fit ours in, built this one less than 4 years ago, said this will do for ever, bought the van and it is a bugger of a job getting it into our drive and no where to keep it, yep vans do cost a lot lol.

But hey bigcol, its worth it in my books, enjoy

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Congrats bigcol. Hope you didn't loose too much on the flamingo as a trade in.
i am assuming you took one already available on the lot?

well, I did get the Flamingo as a bargain 4 yrs ago, and they did give me a good trade in figure, so I wouldn't say I lost much (after 4yrs)
No, I have had to wait since March and the 4WD & Camping show here in Perth.
only wanted to have a look at what was available, and walked away signed up for a new Van - too many "freebies" included not to

well, thats the official version - the boss actually said she wanted it - done and dusted then...

cheers

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yes, I am very lucky that I had the knowledge, ability, tools and motivation to get it done.....
got home Tuesday Lunchtime with new Van,
new gate fabricated ON and old gate re-hung by Wednesday 3pm

very impressed with that I am

cheers

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
of the Van or the Gate............
hahahahaha

Im at work at the moment - as in Great Sandy Desert, so I cannot get any pic's to put up

sorry

cheers

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Nice Bigcol. We had to take 3 rows of bricks from our garage opening to get our last expanda ( same as yours) into garage! Cost $3000 For builder! Make sure you visit the Wintersun park in Carnarvon and the blowholes.
:peace:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
this is before we hooked up the Beastie to the Beastie on hand over

IMAG0227.jpg

some internal shots - Aircon, Sola Power, extended draw bar, nice and clean and new......... oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

Reactions: cruza driver