16' Series OUR CAMPING ADVENTURES

Feb 21, 2014
Wimmera in Victoria
As a child my family camped in tents, fishing at the Murry river was our favourite spot, dads anyway!
When I married and we started our family camping with our family & friends on the Wimmera River, & on our own private property was and still is great spots and lots of fun. We tented for at least 10 years, Hubby made a great trdesmans trailor into a camp trailer to store our water tank, bbq, bar fridge & engel, also it had a sink.
It was a fantastic setup.
Tenting had its ups and downs our Taj Mahal, put up with a lot of what mother nature threw at it.
But in the last few years hubby's mind was ticking over and over,as our friends went from a camper to a flamingo then to expander, I couldn't believe my ears when he said we might get a caravan WOW! this sounded good. So Jan 2012 was where I found this great site and have been addicted ever since. We ordered our expanda through Jayco Ballarat, they were fantastic to deal with, and by the end of April 2012 we were the proud owners of a new 16-49.4.
I thought all my Xmas's had come at once. Its heaven, set up and pack up time is amazing. At the flick of a switch you have heating or cooling, if you are attached to power. Cupboards to put your food in, No rain seeping up through the floor of the tent like it did 3 or 4 years ago. And n tarps flapping, keeping everyone awake.
So the rest is history.
IMG_6530.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2014
Wimmera in Victoria
Will start to post other threads up soon. The reason why I didn't join earlier was a bit shy really. Just enjoyed reading what was happening with other members, mods and trips. Will sort out some photo's of our mods that hubby has done.
Rhonda.