Our 2008 12.37 bed reno ...

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
I do know we needed to cut the timber down lengthways as there was none the correct height ... also not sure if the height would be the same in all vans - I think I would measure to be sure!

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Another 2 weeks spent at Mallacoota and have to say we love mattress end reno - the only issue is the amount of condensation underneath the mattress ... we needed to lift the mattress everyday to dry it out. I have seen an underlay called 'aero-mesh' on ebay and was wondering if anyone has this under their mattress (or if anyone has any other ideas on how to overcome this)? Looking forward to your ideas
Jacki

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
x 2, like jacbaz I'd love to hear from anyone who has used the mesh for condensation under their mattress.
I have been looking into it, but all options seem quite expensive, around $200 per bed. I'm happy to pay the $$$ if it works and solves the problem.
I have looked into a few products including aero mesh, hydravent and ACS10 mesh. They are all much the same both in product and price and all available online. Any members used any of these products? Would appreciate any advice!

Reactions: jacbaz

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
x 2, like jacbaz I'd love to hear from anyone who has used the mesh for condensation under their mattress.
I have been looking into it, but all options seem quite expensive, around $200 per bed. I'm happy to pay the $$$ if it works and solves the problem.
I have looked into a few products including aero mesh, hydravent and ACS10 mesh. They are all much the same both in product and price and all available online. Any members used any of these products? Would appreciate any advice!
We use a couple of layers of thick shadecloth under the mattress in our soft floor camper. I wouldn't say it completely solves the problem, but its much better than using nothing. Cheap too.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Just wondering if some sort of insulation under the mattress would possibly help, even something like some cardboard perhaps?

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
We had marine carpet on the base of the bed on our Hawk and never had a problem ... hadn't noticed an issue with the expanda until Easter this year - guess it must have been due to the colder weather combined with body heat! I have just ordered Aero-mesh which will hopefully alleviate the problem! Will let you know...

jacbaz

Feb 6, 2011
Just realised I never gave an update on the aero mesh - still get condensation under the mattress but because the layer of mesh is there, it seems to dry out pretty quickly. Don't need to lift the matress and it doesn't get damp so good all round I think