Nissan Navara NP300 ST-X

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
We traded our much loved 2011 Triton GLX-R for a new Nissan Navara NP300 ST-X. Deal was done with Canopy, Towbar and Nudgebar. Just waiting on TJM Airtec snorkel and Redarc Towpro Elite to be fitted this Thursday 7th.
From this........
IMG_1046.jpg

To This.............
IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
Nice looking rig there mate, have you had a chance to throw the van on behind the new tug, be interested to know how she performs power and economy wise.....there defo appealing that's for sure...

Reactions: Deano

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Congratulations on your purchase. Looks great and I love the driving lights. I'll be very interested to see how it goes towing as well.
Cheers
Nick

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Nice looking rig there mate, have you had a chance to throw the van on behind the new tug, be interested to know how she performs power and economy wise.....there defo appealing that's for sure...
Hi @Roosterman thanks for the post. I towed it up and down the cul de sac just to test the Redarc Tow Pro Elite and to calibrate it. It felt good to tow. The real test will be out on the open road with WDH and a full tank of Ultamite Diesel or Vortex to see the fuel economy.
Cheers Deano

Reactions: cruza driver

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Congratulations on your purchase. Looks great and I love the driving lights. I'll be very interested to see how it goes towing as well.
Cheers
Nick
Hi @Rockape the driving lights were purchased off eBay for $260. They are 9 inch lights. I'm eventually replacing all globes with LED's. Had to get a geniune Nissan harness for the lights too.
Cheers Deano

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Having had a Navara I'd be a bit interested on how the lights affect airflow to the radiator.

We were advised, strongly, not to restrict airflow in front.

Navara now sold so it doesn't affect us but just wondered, given Nissan advice.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
interested in hearing your thoughts after a few K's of towing and over all comfort, we tried looking at one a few prior to Christmas most on the yard where locked and ones that were open were that close together you could barely open the doors, and sale dude was pretty dis interested so walked away.

Rylz11

Sep 12, 2015
Port macquarie
Iv done 4000km towing my expanda so far in my np300... Great economy of 12.3-12.7l/100 at 100kmh :) without van was getting 7.6-8 at 110 :) sags abit with van on, kids in back and tray full of toys but plenty of power and great economy :) I'm happy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 324
Reactions: bigcol and Deano

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Having had a Navara I'd be a bit interested on how the lights affect airflow to the radiator.

We were advised, strongly, not to restrict airflow in front.

Navara now sold so it doesn't affect us but just wondered, given Nissan advice.

Hi @Dobbie I had a Nissan service department install the lights but they never mentioned anything about air flow. I'll have to keep a eye on the temp, especially under load.
Thanks for your post.
Cheers
Deano

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Iv done 4000km towing my expanda so far in my np300... Great economy of 12.3-12.7l/100 at 100kmh :) without van was getting 7.6-8 at 110 :) sags abit with van on, kids in back and tray full of toys but plenty of power and great economy :) I'm happy

Hi @Rylz11 thanks for your post on the stats on towing with the Nav. I have not had it towing out on the open road yet.
Do you use a WDH when towing? I used a Hayman Reese WDH with my MN Triton. Towed very well with the WDH.
What's the weight of your van?
Cheers
Deano

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
interested in hearing your thoughts after a few K's of towing and over all comfort, we tried looking at one a few prior to Christmas most on the yard where locked and ones that were open were that close together you could barely open the doors, and sale dude was pretty dis interested so walked away.

Hi @Bushman I will let you know when I get around towing the van and how the Nav goes.
I towed it around the cul de sac whilst testing the Redarc Tow Pro Elite. Seemed to have a bit of go in it for a 4 cyclinder twin turbo.
Cheers
Deano

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Funny, When i got mine, i first towed without the WDH as the HR hitch won't fit in the factory tow bar. When i got the hitch modified to fit, when i towed with the WDH it was terrible. Very rough and shook. Took off the bars and it was back to smooth. I don't use them and find it tows better. Still sag in the rear but better springs or bags will fix that issue. Funny with the Pathy it was bad without the WDH.
The 2.3 TT tows great, has a good power band and although slightly less powerful than the Ranger and BT its power comes in better and has less lag.

Rylz11

Sep 12, 2015
Port macquarie
Hi @Rylz11 thanks for your post on the stats on towing with the Nav. I have not had it towing out on the open road yet.
Do you use a WDH when towing? I used a Hayman Reese WDH with my MN Triton. Towed very well with the WDH.
What's the weight of your van?
Cheers
Deano

Van weighs in at about 2.3t fully loaded.... No WDH as I'm to lazy haha will look at rear air bags in future but for now I can deal with it :)

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Took an ST for a run today, pleasant ride nice and quiet much better than I expected, had the tinlid in rear to check for back seat comfort all good there, even got quote with change over I was happy with, now the big question,will I, wont I should I
Go for it Bushie. :boink: New van needs a new tug, this from someone experienced. :peace: