Next Question

jed

May 16, 2013
IM a bit concerned about how I empty the cassette toilet at holiday sites ?

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Many parks now have dump points where toilets can be emptied and cleaned. I have also found them in RV friendly towns around the country.

:tea: Craig

jed

May 16, 2013
Many parks now have dump points where toilets can be emptied and cleaned. I have also found them in RV friendly towns around the country.

:tea: Craig
Thanks Craig that's great ,I visualize standing in line 10 deep at the men's room waiting to empty this thing lol , can u tell me is there signage or how would I know where it is ?
thanks mate

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
I've seen those dump points at Caravan parks, although never had to use it as we don't have shower/toilet.
I do remember thinking thank god we're not on the site adjoining the dump point!!! Phew.....

The dump points are sign posted and will also be on the caravan park map too.

jed

May 16, 2013
I've seen those dump points at Caravan parks, although never had to use it as we don't have shower/toilet.
I do remember thinking thank god we're not on the site adjoining the dump point!!! Phew.....

The dump points are sign posted and will also be on the caravan park map too.
lololol good one Lara

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
They usually have a bright coloured lid like yellow or blue.
But if there is no dump point then you need to empty in the toilet.

jed

May 16, 2013
They usually have a bright coloured lid like yellow or blue.
But if there is no dump point then you need to empty in the toilet.
Thanks Brad, and no body minds ?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
To be honest, I am sure that some people would. But at the end of the day, isn't that what a toilet is for?
I always make a point of being careful and the cassettes allow you to do it in a manner that in mind is clean and leaves no mess.

Reactions: jed

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
jed, when you get your van, my suggestion is to just fill it with water at home. Learn how it works and how to empty it and keep it clean before you actually use it. In my mind that is the best way to understand how it works.

Reactions: blacky and jed

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
jed, when you get your van, my suggestion is to just fill it with water at home. Learn how it works and how to empty it and keep it clean before you actually use it. In my mind that is the best way to understand how it works.
Good tip. This could save some messy and embarrassing moments first time at the dump point:oops:

jed

May 16, 2013
lolol Thanks guys IM sure my wife wouldn't want me walking back to the camp site covered in .......... :)
Thanks again for the advice :)

Reactions: blacky and Lara

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
it's just like Brad says.
Use some sensible judgement. If you need to use a toilet, it's quite important that you use the proper chemicals in your cassette so solids and paper are broken down properly and septic systems aren't compromised.
Used correctly the cassette does not smell very much at all and the dump points I've used have all been clean and odour free. I took the cassette in the tug to a city dump point in Murray Bridge at Easter.
Took a plastic bucket to rinse and leave everything clean. Parks of course usually have hoses attached.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Some parks, mainly ones way out in th boonies will have signs on amenities saying "NO EMPTING OF TOILETS" this is mainly because they maybe on Septic Systems in which case the chemicals upset the dunny cart so to speak, But in these cases they'll provide a seperate disposal point.

Also as mentioned some country towns state "RV FRIENDLY" which usually means there's a public dump point somewhere in town, usually in a park somewhere. I know Gundagai has one at the old Railway Station., Braidwood has one just off the main street. some are listed in books like "Caravan Parks Australia Wide"

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I have found recently that dump points have taken a funny turn where they try to make them not just a pipe out of the ground.

The best one I have seen is the one Darlington Park mid north coast which was an old bush toilet complete with flusher.

Made for a good experience emptying the can if that's possible.

One other thing I have noticed is that more and more road side rest stop areas have the "RV Friendly" tag and have a dump point included.

In terms of actually emptying it I try to it once daily regardless of whether its full or not and usually bright an earlier so the onlookers are not to many.

Just pour it out, clean it out and bring it back.

Most van parks I have stayed it have good facilities to accommodate.

Reactions: jed and Xpandafan