16' Series Newbie From ACT

richjall

Oct 19, 2011
Canberra
Hi All,
We have had our 2009 expanda since September last year and have trialled it around in various parts of the country on family hoildays. We have 3 small girls (who are getting bigger) 6, 8, & 11 that we need to accomodate during our journeys.
For the pre expanda times we had a jayco Dove from the early 80s my parents once owned and I got it back so we have done a bit of vanning previously.
Apart from the obvious freedom of camping that we like, a trip around Aust with the kids has been on the agenda for the past 10 years. Finally 2012 is it. We plan on leaving early july for about 3 months heading up the middle and across the Gibb to the west then down the coast to the bottom then home via the Nullabour. People may say we are doing a recky for the real trip later and they are going to be right but it's an experience we want to give the kids before they get too old.
We have been building up the rigs (Van & 4wd) to tackle the trip and have some interesting research which will hopefully assist in a trouble free trip.
We have a few questions we are going to chuck out there as well to solve our queries.

Yours in Vanning
richjall

Attachments

• IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 246

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
Welcome.
I understand the upgrade - We've also go 3 girls about the same age and have come from a Swan. A Dove would've been even harder tho :biggrin: