New Van discussions

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
am now looking at what I understand is the natural progression in vans from pop top to full height. My current van Millard explorer 15 ft with xt cruisemaster will sadly be put on the market. To match the space we have will be hard. Contenders are:
Jayco Journey outback
Majestic Navigator single axle.
New Age Manta Ray
Millard Toura with crs
We are towing with a Prado 2.8, so we are limited to what we can tow easily.
Would love any comments. I like the Majestic but there was a good amount of negatives around 2010. Cant find anything really bad since, unless they have been sensored. Appreciate I

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I would take them individually, being pre loved is a misnomer some get loved and some just get used and abused so need to have a good tyre kick of them, reviews are mostly by unhappy folk who usually got shafted by dealers and with 2nd hand what they say when new doesn't apply after a few years, with the Prado I would get one thats max weight is below your tugs loaded tow cap. You may find the New Age to be a tad heavier than described and as with all 2nd hand jobs if your actually concerned about weights then everything thats been added will come off the stated plate weight.
Look check everything and if you like it then you have found it, around windows/vents and doors any water marks forget it, musky smell walk away quickly..
Lots of luck on your search.

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Thanks wise words. I am finding New Age heavy.
I think 2500 is going to pull me up on the atm.
Prado is 2200
Bullbar is 100
Fuel is circa 100
Passengers and gear is about 250
Tow ball weight is around 220 so im there to gcm more or less.
Thanks for input.