New Tug D4 or MUX?

kim

Mar 29, 2016
Perth
Ta guys a week to go ;)
Mods um none was going to put a bar on although there are problems with them.. Hope fixed before trip. Missed out getting a extra spare rang was already sold. Have until sep to find one ;) 19's not easy to find even in the city
Hi, just reading this thread.

Ive ordered a 20.64 OB and im waiting for my D4 to arrive. Do you have any recommendation on modifications etc. Jayco will fit a reversing camera to the van, but don't want to touch the D4 so I need an auto elec to set it all up.
Cheers Kim

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com

Ive ordered a 20.64 OB and im waiting for my D4 to arrive. Do you have any recommendation on modifications etc. Jayco will fit a reversing camera to the van, but don't want to touch the D4 so I need an auto elec to set it all up.
Cheers Kim
Hi @kim congrats on the van and the D4.. We brought floor stock hence got a deal and the car now :)

We just picked up last weekend have not done enough k's to tow we got a auto elec Land Rover recommended to setup, I know previously we had problems with auto elec setting up our D3. He had no clue.

We got a Tow Pro Elite put in, LED sensor so it knows trailer is there, Red Arc isolater for the fridge so it does not drain battery and also put a Safety Dave Mirror reverse camera in that sits over the existing mirror. I already have a camera on van I put in myself just run wire under van and I mounted it in the spare wheel :)

Not 100% sure we like that as a mirror I said leave it clipped on always, I know people who broke the clips going on and off. We are getting used to it
He replaced the white 7pin round with a 12 pin plug and the camera lead sits in there as well, so like our D3. I did say should I split it and run a anderson he said my call although he said sometimes easier works better so left it.
Can always split later if I want to.
img_1208-jpg.jpg .
img_1206-jpg.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth

Cheers Kim

hiya @kim , as @davemc said, speak to your Landy Dealer , but I see your in Perth, so I would suggest Deerings, as I have used them for the last 10 years, and never had a problem with them
they have always been easy to deal with (Midland Branch anyway)

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
and also put a Safety Dave Mirror reverse camera in that sits over the existing mirror.
Not 100% sure we like that as a mirror I said leave it clipped on always, I know people who broke the clips going on and off. We are getting used to it

img_1206-jpg.jpg

in SWMBO's Car we had the GPS in one of those mirror attachments, after awhile, the "hinge" that the mirror sits on kept getting loose, and the mirror was flopping down

so I remover the whole lot as she never used the GPS anyway.................. for various reasons........:behindsofa:

Reactions: dagree