New model

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
I know a bloke who works there in that sort of area and he told me they can do modifications but it has to be in their quieter time, probably about now actually. I was looking at getting a new 18.57-5 made because its an existing plan just not made anymore. They even found one for me in a country dealer but in the end I found an excellent second hand one so didn't go down that path. It did look promising though.
I have emailed Jayco, but I obviously don't have the right contact because the just say they don't have a model like that in the 16' and they couldn't do it as a one off due to the the time and engineering. Hmmm... Wonder who I could contact.

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
Basically, that is my van except the bunks face the opposite way!

A 16.49 with no fold out rear bed but bunks instead!
Do your bunks run along the side of the van? If they do...what runs along where the be end was?

I asked for a club lounge i the 17-56-1 and was told No, it could not be built, despite knowing one of the local Dads at my kids school has this exact layout. Must help if you work for a certain caravan manufacture based in Dandenong South.[/QUOTE

U must hate that when u know someone was able to get it!

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
I had seen that and enquired a few months ago. My local dealer hadn't even heard about it and when I rang another jayco they said they could not get them made anymore.
That one is actually my van!

Mine is the original and member @Wanda was able to get one made.
The only 2 in existance according to jayco dealer!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Collectors item Hamish:). Don't know why they couldn't make any more and I thought they got good feedback. I thought an 18 sport would have been good as well. They have the plans and they are only made from caravan parts;), what's their problem:bolt:

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
:). Don't know why they couldn't make any more and I thought they got good feedback. I thought an 18 sport would have been good as well. They have the plans and they are only made from caravan parts;), what's their problem:bolt:[/QUOTE]
No Idea mate why they didn't continue it. I've had people come up to me in caravan parks wanting to know about it and where I got it from so to not continue with it seems a little odd.

It was the wide rear entry plus the rear storage that sold it for us due to the young bloke needing a wheelchair but like you said 18 foot would be sweet!

At the end of the day it's an Expanda front glued onto a Starcraft arse with a door!:)

sports.jpg