New model

PandaLee

Apr 26, 2014
Brisbane
You can only ask. I can't see how it would fit though. You could get the 16.49-4 and ask for no rear expanda bed.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
If as they claim all the furniture is modular and CAD produced there should be no genuine reason not to allow a lot more customisation. I'd like an option of tailoring wheels to the tug.

Reactions: Antman

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
I kind of did.
When they released the 17' Expanda back in 2010, they only had one floorplan and that was the 17.56-2.

We wanted that size van but didn't want the shower unit, so we asked if that could be deleted and have a double wardrobe fitted instead.
They said they could and did. 12-18 months later they released the -1 model but with only a single wardrobe.

You only have to ask, and they can only say yes or no.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I asked about making tyres & wheels common and was told NO, even though I offered to supply all. I asked about getting a rear bumper and was told NO, even though the WnP's already come with the mounting brackets.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I asked about making tyres & wheels common and was told NO, even though I offered to supply all. I asked about getting a rear bumper and was told NO, even though the WnP's already come with the mounting brackets.
Maybe they saw your profile picture and were scared?
:behindsofa:

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld
I kind of did.
When they released the 17' Expanda back in 2010, they only had one floorplan and that was the 17.56-2.

We wanted that size van but didn't want the shower unit, so we asked if that could be deleted and have a double wardrobe fitted instead.
They said they could and did. 12-18 months later they released the -1 model but with only a single wardrobe.

You only have to ask, and they can only say yes or no.
Hi Matty, did you go to head office when you made you enquiries, or to your local dealer?

benandjordansmum

Feb 8, 2012
Logan Village, Qld

Did you just ask you dealer, or go higher?

When we bought the Basestation I asked if we could make the lounge a club lounge and get it to slide out so you can access the bed without having to climb over the lounge, they said no. Then 1 year later they release it in the new Basestation model.... GRRRRRR!!

hmmm....maybe I should not upgrade and hopefully they will eventually make it!!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
When we bought the Basestation I asked if we could make the lounge a club lounge and get it to slide out so you can access the bed without having to climb over the lounge, they said no. Then 1 year later they release it in the new Basestation model.... GRRRRRR!!
Frustrating!

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Did you just ask you dealer, or go higher?QUOTE]
About the wheels by email direct from me then later while physically at the Dealer he asked them over the phone about both while I was sitting across the desk from him. I also got knocked back emailing direct about some simple brackets welded to the chassis to be used for tie down points to comply with insurance coverage for outside storage in a cyclone prone area.

How did I muck that up and include my reply in the quoted area????

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Maybe they saw your profile picture and were scared?
:behindsofa:
Be nice. That was taken while I was building my shed and doesn't show the jeans and boots with temperatures around 35 and 90+% humidity. A true sauna. There was to be a family reunion a few years ago down South and I couldn't get there and they later sent me a photo of all the other family. Somehow they accidentally left a gap between a couple of people so I Photoshopped that picture in quite nicely and sent it back saying "See, I was there".

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Hi Matty, did you go to head office when you made you enquiries, or to your local dealer?
We purchased at the 2010 caravan and camping show.
The dealer approached us and when we got to talking and told him if you can guarantee that change and you can deliver it by a set date then he knew we were serious, we would sign an order there and then.
We left it with him and came back 30 mins later and he agreed with all our requests, so we signed.

We got the amended plans a couple of weeks later with the change we wanted, signed them and it was all done.
Never went to Jayco HQ, it was all done via our dealer, Page Bros in Frankston, Vic.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I know a bloke who works there in that sort of area and he told me they can do modifications but it has to be in their quieter time, probably about now actually. I was looking at getting a new 18.57-5 made because its an existing plan just not made anymore. They even found one for me in a country dealer but in the end I found an excellent second hand one so didn't go down that path. It did look promising though.

Gibbo

Mar 17, 2013
Bayside
I asked for a club lounge i the 17-56-1 and was told No, it could not be built, despite knowing one of the local Dads at my kids school has this exact layout. Must help if you work for a certain caravan manufacture based in Dandenong South.