Only a prototype

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 220

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
Now theyve decided to fit a toolbox and somewhere for the weber.. youd think they would have listened to their customers over the last few years and looked at the different mods people have made to their vans and added these as standard or atleast to the options list.. i wonder if theyll ever listen to our needs

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Pricing is $85k wow there backing themselves? starting to see the influence of the ex car companies execs on Jayco. This is classic MVI several models built on similar floor plans but at premium pricing... Think comodore, Calais , statesmen. By the time you get to a statesmen their making $35-40k more for probably $3-5k cost. Same with this off-roader same don't be rude ply floor same chassis same cabinets but with $10 more in alloy brackets rather than the plastic ones all round costs them $5k more and punters pay $30k more :D

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
After having a good look in, under and through this today I don't think anything is the same as the current line of vans, very nicely made and some good design features, after comaring it to a lot of the other brands similare vans I would say it's priced about where it should be.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Pricing is $85k wow there backing themselves? starting to see the influence of the ex car companies execs on Jayco. This is classic MVI several models built on similar floor plans but at premium pricing... Think comodore, Calais , statesmen. By the time you get to a statesmen their making $35-40k more for probably $3-5k cost. Same with this off-roader same don't be rude ply floor same chassis same cabinets but with $10 more in alloy brackets rather than the plastic ones all round costs them $5k more and punters pay $30k more :D

your starting to sound cynical like me there @achjimmy

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
This is very interesting as we are sourcing our expanda upgrade and the specs we want are remarkably similar.

It ticks most of the boxes, apart from the price!

We think we've come pretty close but still a bit more checking to do.

Our spec requirement:

• Robust without being over the top and thus too heavy
  • Not a palace but comfortable
  • Single axle preferred with poptop but open to change if we can justify it
  • Comfortable beds
  • Separate shower and toilet
  • Outdoor kitchen if possible
  • Weber box with slide for weber so we don't have to set it up before a drink is required
  • The usual picnic table, ESC etc etc
  • Good sized fridge
It looks like Jayco are tapping into this market....the camper who wants the comfort of a caravan, but without all the bells and whistles (but many / most of them)

It will be interesting to see the reviews

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
your starting to sound cynical like me there @achjimmy

Yeah maybe but after three Jayco's I guess Iam wise or wary. I can tell you those stone guards on the water tanks will get damaged and the ply floor also from bouncing rocks. The ply also loses a bit of its veneer after a blast from a gerni to clean the dust away. And as @Bushman said cable tying the flexiable hose up? And those wheels they are the same as we have now, the paint chips off very easily from rocks but not on the painted csa rims on the cruiser whys that Jayco??? But I guess through here marketing and dealer network people will pay same for a jayco as they could of a well known manufacturer of off-road vans ?