New battery for patrol

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Nothing wrong with the batteries, but they think that could have something to do with the fact the aux battery wasn't getting any charge. Still waiting for magic to get back to me. They are waiting on coastal to get back to them.....apparently.
Wondering, can an auto elect fix it, or do you need mechanic? May try getting a quote , just in case. Was shocked to hear it would cost $440.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Nothing wrong with the batteries, but they think that could have something to do with the fact the aux battery wasn't getting any charge. Still waiting for magic to get back to me. They are waiting on coastal to get back to them.....apparently.
Wondering, can an auto elect fix it, or do you need mechanic? May try getting a quote , just in case. Was shocked to hear it would cost $440.

If the aux battery isn't charging sound like an auto elec.

What sort of battery controller did they put in ?

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
I think a red arc one (a box with a red light in it).
And i read the email wrong, it's the isolating solenoid that needs replacing. (Have no idea if that is the same as a switch)

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
If it's just the solenoid that's failed it should be reasonable simple to replace.

If it's less than 12 months old I would have thought it would still be under warranty, particularly if it's Redarc.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Apparently they said the earth strap failed and snapped and it needs a new one and a new isolating solenoid. Will ring an auto sparky today (if they are there to see if they also do it). I think the company that installed it should cover it, as it was them who installed it onto the turbo instead of the engine block like it was meant to be (so I was told). But I could be waiting a while and I don't think they will get back to the car yard so I'll start my own ring around.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I would be giving Deerings (by name and nature) a call
I dont have anything to do with them except being a "happy" customer
when I have had a problem - and they had fitted whatever
it has ALWAYS been fixed for free.............................................anywwhere in WA..................

Reactions: dagree and Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
I will give them a call on Monday as I'm putting up cornices today. (Not something I want to do, but it's a job that needs finishing)

Reactions: bigcol

MichaelB

Oct 22, 2014
Perth
Ouch @Smirke I just read the posts....

Two things. Number 1, I seem to recall in quite a few of your posts you mentioning problems with the Patrol towing. Lacking power, always needing a very low gear and so on. I think it is very likely you have had a driveline problem with your Patrol for a very long time.

Secondly, keep on Nissan customer service. Keep pushing them, more than the dealer. If you make enough noise they will enact goodwill. I now work in the wonderful world of dealerships (trucks not cars so I can't help sorry) but what I can tell you is that goodwill does exist, and it does get used, especially where you make enough noise.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Nissan wanted a letter basically stating they are not to blame, it's all our fault and we acknowledge that. Want to claim goodwill and will not ask again. Not to happy about the letter, but it's done and now we are waiting to see what happens. My brother mentioned the driveline and asked if they have checked it. I get the feeling they aren't interested. But I will be sending an email to dealer today to mention it again.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
especially as you have always taken it to Nissan for servicing, and THEY didnt pickup that there was a problem........????
either they were not doing the correct servicing (its their fault then) - or they have useless apprentices doing the work.....(its their fault then)

I cannot believe the way you have been treated by them, I can understand your frustrations, as being a new car, you would expect quality

Reactions: dagree and Smirke