New 18.57-9 OB and new to Expandadownunder

scott_hutch

Jul 21, 2013
Melbourne
...the battery and gas thing together mightn't be the smartest.
I had to move my battery to under the front seat to make room for the heater. It's diesel not gas, and I'd have no concerns putting the diesel heater in a cupboard with the battery. Diesel is not explosive/flammable like petrol or gas and actually takes a bit of effort to get ignited.

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
I may have to mount it in the rear under bed storage area behind the shower and have it blow down the passage between the bunks and shower.
How well does it heat the whole van as in is there a noticeable temp difference between the end it's located and the other end?

scott_hutch

Jul 21, 2013
Melbourne
How well does it heat the whole van as in is there a noticeable temp difference between the end it's located and the other end?
Our heats very evenly throughout the van, but the expanda beds are always a bit cooler. I installed ours so the majority of hot air is blown towards the back of the van with the return air sucking in from under the table - this was to force the air circulate throughout the entire van. If it were to blow out from the back of the van, and suck the return air in also from the back of the van then it might be very different.