New 14.44-4 outback expanda ordered

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well we just sold our jayco Finch Outback and placed an order for a new 14.44-4 outback expanda. We were very happy with the layout and size and list of standard features.
2013 models come with galvanized bumper bar, external gas bayonet, solar provision, led interior lights, led annex light, carefree rollout awning and Heron 2.2 a/c.
At the time of ordering they threw in a 90 watt solar panel, 30 amp regulator, lied tv, windup antenna and stereo.
we have added the following
- 150 liter fridge upgrade
- front privacy screen
- extra power points
- shelving to wardrobe
- outside tv socket
- 16 inch wheel upgrade
- Aussie traveller anti flap kit and curved roof rafter
- reich Eco mover
- locks keyed alike.
Also looking at second gas bottle.
Is there anything else anyone thinks is a must, or they regret not getting with their expansda's.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Well we just sold our jayco Finch Outback and placed an order for a new 14.44-4 outback expanda. We were very happy with the layout and size and list of standard features.
2013 models come with galvanized bumper bar, external gas bayonet, solar provision, led interior lights, led annex light, carefree rollout awning and Heron 2.2 a/c.
At the time of ordering they threw in a 90 watt solar panel, 30 amp regulator, lied tv, windup antenna and stereo.
- front privacy screen
- extra power points
- shelving to wardrobe
- outside tv socket
- 16 inch wheel upgrade
- reich Eco mover
- locks keyed alike.
Is there anything else anyone thinks is a must, or they regret not getting with their expansda's.
i haven`t got hot water or ext shower,if you are free camping i would get them and the extra water tank and gas bottle, but it looks a good list mate!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Congrats mate they are a great size Expanda

I'd seriously consider an external shower with a HWS then you will need the twin water tanks and you also get a 2nd gas bottle.

Also an external table mounted on the side of the Expanda is a handy option too.

Reactions: Rockape

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW

I'd seriously consider an external shower with a HWS then you will need the twin water tanks and you also get a 2nd gas bottle.

Also an external table mounted on the side of the Expanda is a handy option too.

Thanks for that, we have a portable coleman hot water heater with shower attachment and prefer to use this as we didn't like where the external shower and hot water system was located. We will be getting the second the second gas bottle and water tank. Are the external tables any good?

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Welcome Rockape, sounds nice mate. Wow locks keyed alike......that's a first :first: Is that an option now?
No, not an option, but after looking at a guy taking delivery of his bean and watching him scratch his head at the collection of keys he had, I asked for the locks to be keyed alike. I will see if this happens.

Reactions: Xpandafan

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Thanks for that, we have a portable coleman hot water heater with shower attachment and prefer to use this as we didn't like where the external shower and hot water system was located. We will be getting the second the second gas bottle and water tank. Are the external tables any good?
Yes, love the external table. Even if it's a bit higher on your OB. You can put another folding table underneath for food prep and (I) use it as the bar for happy hour and a work shelf when making pizzas in the BabyQ.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Good to set the toaster up on in the morning so you dont set the smoke detector off too!
We love our table too.Handy with the annexe up too we put the engle under it.The only thing for you to consider as well is how much space you have on the side of your van.might pay to have a look at the other 14s on here to see if they have one.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Yeah, get a drop down table, you won't regret it, they are mounted above the checker plate.
Like 17triton we have the Primus fridge/freezer directly underneath, works a treat as we have all our cups, glasses, mugs on drop down table above.
Locks keyed alike, Sorry to say that like others have already said, will believe it when I see it. If they're true to their word I'd be getting it confirmed in the contract.
Sounds like a great list of extras you have gone with, and congrats on the purchase! Have you got a delivery date?

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.

Hi Rockape and Welcome,

If you have a portable coleman HW for free camping you might want to consider and extra external 12V point and and camp light on the off-side of the van to plug into. We did and the set-up works really well. Unfortunatley we have the new companion aquacube logic HW and it is useless. We are on our second one and it stuffed up on the easter trip and is sitting in the Aussie Disposal head office at the moment...might try the coleman!

Cheers James

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
- front privacy screen
- extra power points
- shelving to wardrobe
- outside tv socket
- 16 inch wheel upgrade
- reich Eco mover
- locks keyed alike.

We regret not getting the extended drawbar for a storage box, maybe consider that too. I know all these little things start to add up though!

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Yeah, get a drop down table, you won't regret it, they are mounted above the checker plate.
Like 17triton we have the Primus fridge/freezer directly underneath, works a treat as we have all our cups, glasses, mugs on drop down table above.
Locks keyed alike, Sorry to say that like others have already said, will believe it when I see it. If they're true to their word I'd be getting it confirmed in the contract.
Sounds like a great list of extras you have gone with, and congrats on the purchase! Have you got a delivery date?
Yeah I will try to get that on the contract. We want delivery to take place in September as we are still waiting on our Ford Ranger XLT. Was meant to be here in May, but has been delayed until August. I hope it arrives by then as I don't want to be pushing the Expanda home!

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Thanks for that, we have a portable coleman hot water heater with shower attachment and prefer to use this as we didn't like where the external shower and hot water system was located. We will be getting the second the second gas bottle and water tank.

Where did they tell you the HWS would be mounted & the location of the shower as I have seen both of them mounted in a few different places, i'm very happy with the location of my HWS as it's in a location that would never get used, thats under the front seat behind the draw, then my shower box is mounted behind the bottom cabinet so it's out of the way & doesn't interfere with the storage of any of the other good compartments & we still have room for the porta poti & chemicals etc in their too.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi Rockape and Welcome,

If you have a portable coleman HW for free camping you might want to consider and extra external 12V point and and camp light on the off-side of the van to plug into. We did and the set-up works really well. Unfortunatley we have the new companion aquacube logic HW and it is useless. We are on our second one and it stuffed up on the easter trip and is sitting in the Aussie Disposal head office at the moment...might try the coleman!

Cheers James
Hi James,
I am in the process off making up some 12 volt power boxes with switched circuit breakers for running 12 volt appliances and chargers. I have also made up weatherproof led floodlights which work very well. Our coleman is pretty old and has not missed a beat. We are very happy with it. What went wrong with your companion one?
cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Where did they tell you the HWS would be mounted & the location of the shower as I have seen both of them mounted in a few different places, i'm very happy with the location of my HWS as it's in a location that would never get used, thats under the front seat behind the draw, then my shower box is mounted behind the bottom cabinet so it's out of the way & doesn't interfere with the storage of any of the other good compartments & we still have room for the porta poti & chemicals etc in their too.

Hi,
I am only going with what the dealer said. Anyway we are happy to save the $$$$ and use our trusty coleman hot water on demand system. Just hooks up to front tap and gas bottle and off you go.
Cheers Nick