chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We carry one of these.
t-16314-104.jpg
d-16314-237.jpg

Very useful for fitting the anti flap kit on the Outback. Find them here.

Reactions: gleeso

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We do as well.

Great bit of gear ....and usually prompt some discussion from people nearby when we open it up.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
And the ladder fits in the front tunnel boot of the 16.49.3 very easily.

Good decision. We don't regret it but only need to use ladder every so often but when you need it, you need it and it's tucked up ready.

Beautiful piece of design, methinks.

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
Is there anyone out there that knows of anyone around that stocks privacy shades/sun shades in sydney..
Left it too late to order anything to recieve by christmas? Looked at sunbuster been to busy to call then but doubt theyd get it to me quick enough. Any brands better than others?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I made up a piece of ply with two pieces of 42 x 19 mm screwed to the bottom, spaced apart to fit between the top steps. This provides a flat step on top making it easy to stand at full height. This piece just sits in the van's front boot for whenever it's needed.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Is there anyone out there that knows of anyone around that stocks privacy shades/sun shades in sydney..
Can't help with the Sydney area but try a caravan dealer or caravan supply shop (CAMEC etc). Most should sell screens but maybe not all brands. We have the sunbuster ones and have had no problems even when raining!

Reactions: Delano

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We used some old, discarded very lightweight sides for a gazebo while we waited for our sun busters.

I just happened to be loading stuff for the dump, the old gazebo was in the pile and I noticed the side bits. Hey presto! They almost fitted.

I'd be a bit inclined to check the measurements on the BCF or Supercheap (or similar) gazebos. And BCF sell side walls as well, or they do in Qld.

Or grab some shade cloth and just cut it and use those tent clips to attach.

If it's a temporary measure and does the job, beauty and perfection can come later.

I do know Brisbane Camperland have the grey side walls ( Coast to Coast brand from memory) which do fit....and they're on special. It may be possible for them to post to you in time for departure.

Reactions: gleeso

gleeso

Dec 15, 2015
Wollongong
All good thanks, i called jayco today and theyve put some aside for when we puck van up, we get 10% off there anyway and we have to go there obviosly so saves us going out of our way..

Reactions: dagree