Navara is to be retired.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Well it had to happen. :( The Navara is now 8 years old and our 14' van has been replaced with a 17' Journey which is half a tonne heavier, around 2400 kgs. This combined with the weight carried in the truck is approaching the 3 tonne capacity of the Navara. This was discussed at length with Mrs CR and we decided that it would be better to sell the Nav while it is in good order rather than have it work to its maximum for another year or two and be worth very little as it would be stuffed.

So today we brought home its replacement.

Drum roll please :drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum:

DSC_8777.JPG
DSC_8780.JPG
DSC_8781.JPG

There are no prizes for guessing my first couple of mods. :D

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Not another Bloody Troublsome 50:der:

Just kidding, nice looking bus, that should do the job of dragging the Journey around this great land!:car:

shiraz

Oct 22, 2012
sellicks hill s.a
@chartrock
Went the same way, good move.
BT50.s now got 140,000+,still got the Navara Use it as a trailer 2002 model refused the trade in price,
it has the expanda hooked on at present heading to sunshine coast Monday/tue then home via coast.
just been serviced all good gotta love it
went offroad in the Snoweys with a Toyota hilux and he was surprised at its performance

good move
shiraz

Reactions: chartrock

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
They are a great car, the factory fitted tubliner looks very well made and a fantastic fit. I am still amazed by the mileage mine gives. Mine in work form fully loaded with ladders still gives me below 10L/100 k's. The beauty of a new one is all the little gremlins have been sorted.
Has yours got an extended warranty from the dealer? Those photos look good enough to be brochure shots.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Has yours got an extended warranty from the dealer? Those photos look good enough to be brochure shots.

The dealer offered two years extended warranty for free but the deal meant all services had to be done with them and if we happened to be in Darwin or Broome etc when the service was due and I didn't go back to them the contract would be null and void.

The maximum on any event was $1000 and a maximum of $3000 over the 2 years of extended warranty. Laughable.

Reactions: cruza driver