Member’s Tragedy

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Members may remember @blacky whose post from Oct 2017 showing his birthday present. Since then Pete’s marriage has dissolved but that is nothing to the tragedy that has fallen on him. Those of us in Qld will have read in newspapers about a 3 year old girl left in a car all day and did not survive. This is the little girl in his photo.

He is holding it together with the support of a new lady in his life and many friends but I doubt any of us can feel what he is going through. Pete has given his ok to inform members and my heart goes out to him at this time.

Reactions: blacky

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There will be lots of us on here who will be truly saddened by the news and have @blacky in our thoughts....

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Members may remember @blacky whose post from Oct 2017 showing his birthday present. Since then Pete’s marriage has dissolved but that is nothing to the tragedy that has fallen on him. Those of us in Qld will have read in newspapers about a 3 year old girl left in a car all day and did not survive. This is the little girl in his photo.

He is holding it together with the support of a new lady in his life and many friends but I doubt any of us can feel what he is going through. Pete has given his ok to inform members and my heart goes out to him at this time.
sad news indeed my condolences

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria

There are no words ....

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Howdy all,

been a long time. Thanks @chartrock for reaching out via Facebook and sending your thoughts. Thanks to those above also for your kind words. Laid my princess to rest yesterday, hopefully that is the hardest day of my life done and dusted.

hope all my old friends here are well, I will have to have a look through here and see what has been happening in the expanda world. (Billabong is still going great after 3yrs by the way )

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Good to hear from you @blacky. I agree, you have been placed in the hardest position any person could be and by the comments on FB, you have a strong team with you. Stay strong, look after yourself and don’t be a stranger. Let us all know how you are doing and keep us up to date with the Billabong.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Howdy all,

been a long time. Thanks @chartrock for reaching out via Facebook and sending your thoughts. Thanks to those above also for your kind words. Laid my princess to rest yesterday, hopefully that is the hardest day of my life done and dusted.

hope all my old friends here are well, I will have to have a look through here and see what has been happening in the expanda world. (Billabong is still going great after 3yrs by the way )
Very sad @blacky, and my deepest condolences. I recall when your daughter was born and the photo of her you added as a new born, along with your birthday and the new van at the same time. A great time for you. We dont get too many Expanda babies so its easy to remember ... mostly theres just old munchers cracking jokes. Your still one of us and the loss of you daughter has been heart felt right across this community. Take some comfort in knowing you and your daughter will remain in the thoughts of many of us.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
@blacky has contacted me to ask if I could inform members of his not for profit campaign to make people more aware of children in cars. He is having a website built which covers his aims and also has a Facebook page showing progress. The Facebook page can be found here.

Pete has also reached out to an American site which has the same aims as his own because their death rate exceeds 300 children per year.

I wish him every success in this extremely worthwhile endeavour. I don’t have children of an age needing car seats and my grandchildren and great grandchildren are always in the care of their parents so I intend to ensure that the parents are very aware of possible situations. I would recommend anyone with young children or grandchildren have a look at the Facebook page.