Mains water taste awful.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Well, I've just bought a white drinking water hose and B.E.S.T. Inline water filter.
So should be drinking great tasting water from now on!
Love this Forum!

Reactions: Xpandafan

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
The Flat Out International (Australian) hoses seem to tick all the boxes for me although it's a bit early to comment on their longevity they seem exceptionally well made.
I had one of the first roll flat hoses (imported from Germany) and it probably lasted me more than 25 years (someones still using it but the end fitting has come off). It cost around $80 way back when and didn't have a reel like the new ones. At around $125 for the 12m one that's good value in my book.

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
I bought one in 2002 the australian one flat out hose. 110 dlrs from jayco coffs harbour. Never had a problem. Rolled it up wet, dirty, never cleaned it, never had a problem. Just pluggedit in to the van yesterday. No probs. 110 bucks well spent. Its 10 metre. Sometimes another 2 metres would b nice had to chNge sites yesterday so it would reach the tap.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hey Josh
Great to meet you on the weekend, how freaky was that? to arrive at the van park that big and end up next to other forum member totally unplanned. How pesky were those possums?

Hope you get the water issue sorted, after you mentioned it I checked ours and it was OK though I run a B.E.S.T filter and my hose is the plain white one which is about 8 years old though I only fitted it with brass fitting a few years ago, I also have the flat hose as I mentioned to you but tend to only use it on the long runs.

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hmmm...we are using the blue hose!! Might be missing out on some really good water :)
We are also using the B.E.S.T. water filter so maybe that has helped

Hiluxpanda

Mar 20, 2013
Hey Josh
Great to meet you on the weekend, how freaky was that? to arrive at the van park that big and end up next to other forum member totally unplanned. How pesky were those possums?

Hope you get the water issue sorted, after you mentioned it I checked ours and it was OK though I run a B.E.S.T filter and my hose is the plain white one which is about 8 years old though I only fitted it with brass fitting a few years ago, I also have the flat hose as I mentioned to you but tend to only use it on the long runs.

Hey bushie,
Was good to meet you in Tumut lasT weekend. yeah the possums were very brave, far more domesticated than those out in the mulga.

Thanks for the advice about the water issue. Will be looking at a flat roll up hose in the coming weeks.

Hope you new roof gets installed no probs!

Cheers