Looking at a Fortuner.

Jimbo

Sep 29, 2015
Perth
I think my Prado GXL with full 150L fuel can carry 570kg cargo with its max 2500kg trailer attached. So that would be the tow ball weight 250kg less another 250kg for a family. Leaves 70kg for stuff in the back?
I remembered doing all these comparisons last year when car shopping, and remembered thinking Toyota were pretty good in comparison to the competition. But that said, the 2500kg trailer limit seems to be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I remembered doing all these comparisons last year when car shopping, and remembered thinking Toyota were pretty good in comparison to the competition. But that said, the 2500kg trailer limit seems to be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

I think mainly because some people would like to (if $$$$ are ok ) to "future proof" their cars
yes, I know some people lease & buy but only keep for 3 to 5 years - so they have a "new" car most of the time, and can update to larger if needed when needed
some buy because thats all they can afford ....................

but people like me - I would rather get the car & keep it for as long as I can -
(Patrol coming up to 6 years, Landcruiser is coming up to 10 years in July) previous Patrol was 10 years

but then I like the idea of being able to tow anything I want any time I want - hence the Patrol & the Cruiser.........

the 2500kg trailer limit seems to be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

I think it help because the Vans are getting heavier and people are taking more gear with them

Reactions: Tone and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
all the jokes about driving around in a quartet of fish would drive me nuts

gold meme 0ff52d.jpg

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
And that's just it @bigcol, we want this vehicle to become a long term car so looking at all aspects. Getting too bloody expensive to keep changing!
I am looking at it this way, if this time when the lease is up, we re-lease for the residual and get a larger car. But in saying that hat would probably only be if we get a bigger van. And swmbo has pretty much said "like hell" at this stage!

BJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
yes we like to keep cars long term normally I buy 3 year old ex lease cars :) Mini I had for 9 and its 12 years old and the D3 we brought petrol before we started towing it was 10 years old we had it for 7.. Hence the upgrade I was hoping for something cheaper :) although with kids in seats for another 3-4 years at least nothing fitted 3 seats in with the ease of the Disco. Then the payload thing with a larger van sort of sealed it, I also like towing with the land rover auto air suspension.

Reactions: Smirke and bigcol