Keys

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Vere.
I went to a caravan part/repair place in Balcatta and he ordered in the new locks/latches all with the same key code.
they were about $20 each (I think) and are now only available in Chrome (but I think it looks better)
img_1392-jpg.jpg

Reactions: bigcol

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
below is the link to what I am interested, seems cheap enough if it will work

6 Barrel kit Camec one key fits all

I might take a bed end lock and a hatch lock into store and see if they fit

only 6 - so my plan is
2 - front bed
2 - rear bed
1 Left front hatch
1 Right front hatch

This will leave original lock on toilet hatch and front door. but those keys are different so easy to tell apart

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
@Vere the Camec one key system will not fit in the barrel of the latch locks above (so im told)
this was originally what I was going to do.
It is about the same price to replace the whole lock system
I now have 1 key for all hatches 1 for the door and one for the bedends

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Those Camec style locks aren't all that great, not the brand, the style if you lose the key make a hook, insert into lock and give a good pull, the barrel will come out............

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
OK - I took a side hatch latch and a bed end lock in to the store today and had a play. The Camec locks are NOT compatible with the Jayco locks used on my 2013 Expanda.

So I will have to keep my eyes open for another option - bugger

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
OK - I took a side hatch latch and a bed end lock in to the store today and had a play. The Camec locks are NOT compatible with the Jayco locks used on my 2013 Expanda.

So I will have to keep my eyes open for another option - bugger

be interested to know how you eventually get on @Vere

Reactions: Vere

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
we have the big caravan and camping show coming up. I will talk to Camec sales staff and see what they sugest

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Good idea...and anyone else who can offer an alternative.

A common problem but one that is worthwhile sorting out.

Best wishes with it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On my old 14 those Camec barrels would have fitted the bed lid locks, at least they look the same as mine would come out with the key sometimes, same as the boot locks............but not the side doors.

Have they changed them now.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Cured me, I'm just going to get some spares cut.......I did like the bit from caravansplus that showed you could key alike the water fill caps but then doesn't apply if you just have the plastic flap job.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
maybe why Jayco dont do it in the first place

no excuse though, would be a fantastic selling point - "Only need 2 keys for your Expanda"

Reactions: dagree

Mosue

Oct 14, 2016
Perth WA
Hi All,
I must admit when i picked up the van i thought Ken had given me 10 sets of keys.
but soon found out that there is a different key for every hatch etc (lucky the lid locks are the same front and back)
Oh Boy

Looking at the keys they are simple numbered keys so the blokes building the things should have probably sorted them before fitting.
I was thinking about getting a locksmith to come and sort them out to hopefully 4 keys (door, toilet and hatches and lids)
but then thought everyone else could be in the same boat
So my question for you ALL

I have hatch/locker keys
B21
B12
E12

Does anyone else out there have 2 of the same and if so want to swap locks and keys (Perth would be heap easier)

Mosue

Oct 14, 2016
Perth WA
If anyone has the key codes above (except the one I sent to BigCol but im not sure of the key num) and has the 2012 type flap style (like Vere)
Im more than happy to give them mine as I have replaced them with shiny new ones that all have the same key.
I'm away at work, but I'll get my wife to check the numbers we have- I like your thinkin'!!!!

Reactions: NoWorries