Joining the Expanda clan

Zammm

Jun 13, 2013
Melbourne
Hi Mick, Vanessa and Zoe, the wait will be excruciating but worth it. Don't forget to come down south for a visit. We have just come home from a weekend at Anglesea on the Great Ocean Road. What can I say ---- AMAZING.

Reactions: Mick&Vanessa

Kingy

Apr 29, 2012
Cashmere, Brisbane
We to are at the other end of the journey.
The panda will be on the market in coming weeks and we will go for the 16.51.3
The teenage daughters don't want to hang with Mum and Dad
Ohhhhh sad face

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Happy days!
The second dinette is perfect for games and drawing etc.
What will you do with the rear bed?
When we had our first van (Dove outback camper) we used the rear bed to store our clothes, etc. Not really sure what we will do this time but it it good to be available just incase. Is it possible to leave it folded up when not in use? Especially when space is limited in the caravan site?
M, V & Z

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
Gday @Mick&Vanessa :)

Welcome back to the real world! We leave the back bed up when its not needed, although that has only been a few times. My parents spent a month living in our van while they waited for a property to come up, as they were moving to town.. they had the back bed down for a few weeks, using it for storage, until they realised the air con works much more efficiently with it up!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
When we had our first van (Dove outback camper) we used the rear bed to store our clothes, etc. Not really sure what we will do this time but it it good to be available just incase. Is it possible to leave it folded up when not in use? Especially when space is limited in the caravan site?
M, V & Z

Sounds like a plan!
Just leave it up when not in use. The only issue is that you cannot access the rear tunnel boot/storage without opening the bed up.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I have seen picks of guys that have done it themselves on here no dramas at all. I weighed up doing this mod but decided it was good to have some bulk storage that could only be accessed from inside for security.
Yep. I thought about installing one too but in the end we have no need for it. I do, however, have a nagging thought that it would be a good pole storage area...

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Yep. I thought about installing one too but in the end we have no need for it. I do, however, have a nagging thought that it would be a good pole storage area...

Yes it would be a really good pole storage area... if it wasn't for the sheets, pillows and doonas! LOL
Put a pipe on the front between the front of van and gas bottles. I have seen others with that there for poles. :)

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Yes it would be a really good pole storage area... if it wasn't for the sheets, pillows and doonas! LOL
Put a pipe on the front between the front of van and gas bottles. I have seen others with that there for poles. :)

Yeh they fit ok in the front boot. I don't want to ruin my look with a pole carrier! LOL.
Im too scared to put pillows etc in the rear boot coz tge ext shower sometimes fills and lets water in. Bad design.

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Gday @Mick&Vanessa :)

Welcome back to the real world! We leave the back bed up when its not needed, although that has only been a few times. My parents spent a month living in our van while they waited for a property to come up, as they were moving to town.. they had the back bed down for a few weeks, using it for storage, until they realised the air con works much more efficiently with it up!
Thats a good idea. We can store the things that we don't use as often in the bed boxes under the rear bed. That way we won't have to set up the rear bed if we are only doing a short weekend, etc. I never considered the air con being more efficient, but I can certainly see why. Brings back memories when we stayed at Tamworth in about 2005, during the country music festival and the temp reached 46 degrees C. Anything to make the air con work better in those temps is a good idea.

Reactions: blacky