Joining the Expanda clan

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Hi All,

We are Michael, Vanessa and daughter Zoe from Sydney. We have just ordered a 1756-2 OB from Jayco Sydney. Delivery expected at the end of May. We are getting back into caravanning after a 7 year break. We have previously had a Dove OB camper and a 19' Heritage 'full van' (touring). This time we are trying something in the middle as we find the everything with caravans is a compromise (i.e. comfort v's weight). We have really been enjoying reading all of your posts since finding this site a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to getting back in to it.

Michael, Vanessa & Zoe

Reactions: Wanda

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
hello Mick & Vanessa, enjoy the new experience. cant believe you have to wait till May. It's not that far to WA, so dont forget to tow it over here sometime. there are lots of free camping on the way over

Reactions: Mick&Vanessa

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
:welcome: @Mick&Vanessa great intro.

Whats your choice of tow vehicle to tow your new Expanda?
Hi cruza driver,
Our tow vehicle is a 150 series Prado. We changed from a 120 series Prado a few years ago and were planning to get another caravan much sooner than we have. We found our old 120 Prado to be a good tow vehicle, towing our 19' Heritage for several years and it also did a bit off-road stuff as we were in a 4x4 club at the time. So far, our 150 Prado has not towed anything yet and we still have to get the towing electrics fitted (brake controller, etc.) before we take delivery of our van. Our old 120 Prado is still in the family as my father has it now. Apart from normal services, tyres, batteries, etc, it has only ever had to have the discs machined and a relay in the aircond replaced so I am hoping that the 150 Prado treats us as well as the 120 did.
Mick, Vanessa & Zoe

Reactions: cruza driver

Mick&Vanessa

Feb 20, 2014
Sydney
Welcome @Mick&Vanessa
You'll love the expanda.

Why the 7 year break?
Hi relgate,
Our previous van was a 19' Heritage and suited us when there was 'just the two of us', but not so well when our daughter Zoe was born. We sold our Heritage planning to get a more family friendly van but at the time I started doing a fair bit of travel for work and spending a fair amount of time away from home. My work travel has now settled down with trips being quite few and far between, so it's back to plan A. We are now really looking forward to get back into it. Zoe has already claimed the top bunk in the Expanda and we think that the second dinette area under the bunk (1756-2) will really suit us, giving somewhere for Zoe to set up her games and books, etc.
Mick, Vanessa & Zoe

Reactions: Sarah n Matt

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Welcome guys , it will be May before you know it , we are are at the other end of a life chapter where the kids are now getting to the stage where they are either working, studying or would rather not come with us in the van , we knew this was coming hence the reason for buying the model we did . Next weekend will be the first weekend where it's just me and Toni away on our own.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi relgate,
Our previous van was a 19' Heritage and suited us when there was 'just the two of us', but not so well when our daughter Zoe was born. We sold our Heritage planning to get a more family friendly van but at the time I started doing a fair bit of travel for work and spending a fair amount of time away from home. My work travel has now settled down with trips being quite few and far between, so it's back to plan A. We are now really looking forward to get back into it. Zoe has already claimed the top bunk in the Expanda and we think that the second dinette area under the bunk (1756-2) will really suit us, giving somewhere for Zoe to set up her games and books, etc.
Mick, Vanessa & Zoe
Happy days!
The second dinette is perfect for games and drawing etc.
What will you do with the rear bed?