17' Series JGC Limited water temp

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
Hi all,
Just bought a jeep has anybody with the jeep diesel experienced temp Gauge go right up under load on hills with van and/or hill climbs in general?
We have been to Adelaide and back and experienced near very hot according to gauge but haven't used a drop off coolant. Does cool down straight away once revs drop and hasn't officially over heated and only done 4,000 klms. Had jeep SA look at it they weren't helpful at all going to my dealer next week.

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
Hi all,
Just bought a jeep has anybody with the jeep diesel experienced temp Gauge go right up under load on hills with van and/or hill climbs in general?
We have been to Adelaide and back and experienced near very hot according to gauge but haven't used a drop off coolant. Does cool down straight away once revs drop and hasn't officially over heated and only done 4,000 klms. Had jeep SA look at it they weren't helpful at all going to my dealer next week.
Haven't had any issues with temp in mine. Has stayed mid range the whole time. Mind you I haven't been towing in extreme heat or up major hills yet.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I have seen ours go very high and then quickly return to mid range following a very steep climb. I think this is normal.

In "the towing thread" on the Jeep Garage site the same sentiment was posted only two days ago too. Check it out.

Cheers.
Andrew

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Hi all,
not sure if this would apply to your car as it's so new, but my hilux had identical symptoms, heat up on the hills and then cool off straight away. traced to low oil in the clutch fan, replaced the oil with 7000ast grade oil from hobbyking and that fixed it (toyota wanted $40, hobbyking was $2.30)

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
Hi,

My JGC 2012 has not ever had the issue you are describing. I tow a 16.49-1 and am very happy with my Jeep. I took a look at the web site that describes all of the Jeep WK2 service bulletins to see whether there was anything related and reported. I did find one service bulletin, relating to a leak in the cooling system.

Here it is.....

http://wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0700413.pdf

I regularly keep a track of any service bulletins reported by checking the website at http://wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Reactions: Cheznick5

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I had similar thing happen when doing a big climb. It got just below the red but back to normal once on the flat again.
I was monitoring the oil temp at the same time, it got to 122 degrees whilst the transmission got to 98 degrees.
It all seems normal, I think if an alarm goes off then your in trouble.

Of course he bought a Jeep, awarded best 4wd of the year and now passes the Moose Test, so the critics have got nothing.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
:violin:.

Of course he bought a Jeep, awarded best 4wd of the year and now passes the Moose Test, so the critics have got nothing.[/quote]
Yep all looks good on paper :blah:

Reactions: Cheznick5

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
Yes I bought a jeep and LOVE it lol!! Thanks guys or all the helpful info. It's booked in for next week so either it's normal or something minor hopefully. I can't imagine anything serious as we made it to SA and back and drove around day tripping..... I looked up the jeep garage and some have the same issue some don't. I'll let you know how I go.

Once again thanks everyone... Cheers Nick

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
So I got my jeep back and apparently it is perfectly normal for the temp gauge to increase... So at least all is good now....
Now just to work out my hitch as jayco said have it set at 2 and 5 but u cannot bars on at that setting.it was rattly on the way to SA...

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
not sure if this would apply to your car as it's so new, but my hilux had identical symptoms, heat up on the hills and then cool off straight away. traced to low oil in the clutch fan, replaced the oil with 7000ast grade oil from hobbyking and that fixed it (toyota wanted $40, hobbyking was $2.30)

Good old sikaflex works a treat for future reference ;)