Exterior Jayco Shower tents......

Maho

Apr 8, 2016
Melbourne
Hi Guys,

Im wondering if anyone has one of the jayco shower tents that they supply, for people with outside showers? We have a new 14.44-4 with a shower, and were supplied a shower tent from Jayco Bayswater.

Ive seen threads on here on what type of ensuites, flexible poles vs hard pole etc, but couldn't find anything on the supplied shower tent.

We have just opened it up and its good quality, with some nice features in it. But this is different to the other Oztrail flexible types, as it has slightly harder poles and doesn't fold up as easy as the oztrail types - we have two of these types and can fold them no problems, and I actually like them!

So does anyone else have one of these? How did you fold it?

Cheers,

Maho

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Probably not going to help, but we order the external shower option (Van is also from Bayswater). Pick up date is 20th Dec though. Let me know if you don't get what you want by then.

JS4910

Sep 21, 2016
Gladstone Central Qld
We have ordered an outside shower on ours and it was never mentioned about them supplying a shower tent, in fact I was thinking about what I wanted to use, and have even thought about making a frame out of electrical conduit that pushes together and clips to the side of the van where the shower outlet is and use a shower curtain arrangement.

Now I will wait and see what happens at delivery in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Ours came with in a bag and is a pop up version without poles needed. It was a surprise as it was never mentioned in the sale or on any brochures.

Have not used it yet so cant comment on how easy/hard it is to fold but if its anything like some of the kids toy princess pop up castles then it not going to get used as they are a pain to fold back again.

Reactions: bigcol

Maho

Apr 8, 2016
Melbourne
I didn't know we got one when we ordered the van, but found it in the front boot! I can only presume, that when you have an ext shower, they supply a pop up ensuite/shower tent.

We did get it back in the bag, had a few drinks on Friday night and my brother got it. I promptly undid and he did it again! So I had a few goes and videoed it.

It definitely is a different method of folding up to the standard pop up ensuite. It's because the poles are a lot stiffer, but will probably stand up to a breeze a bit better

Maho

Reactions: bigcol and Delano

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
If it's any help, the oztrail version we found was far better than the springy ones. After multiple frustrations with the other ones, often hilarious, we finally gave up after we retrieved it and chased it down Teewah beach in the wind. Then we couldn't fold it up so dumped it on the roof rack.

The other version has an external frame and holds up in the wind and the rain. It takes a bit more time to set up but you save hours when folding it up. The shower also is better as it's more secure.

I like the vision of a folding up competition with a few drinks....the only problem is remembering the winning technique.

Maho

Apr 8, 2016
Melbourne
IMG_7256.JPG
IMG_7257.JPG

This is the jayco one we got from Bayswater jayco. I like it because it has a rear entry point for the shower hose, and has a Velcro loop to hold the shower head. It also has a place to hang your towel, and three mesh pockets for soap etc

I will say the oztrial ones are a heap easier to fold up, because the folds are a lot more flexible, but this jayco one has some cool little features

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
How do you go with the water pressure on the external shower? ours is pretty poor compared to the inside shower.

I have checked to see if there are any water restriction thingies and have not found any, the only thing I did notice was the shower hose itself says 9.5l per minute, would this slow the pressure down and be the reducer instead of washers etc? I also have a lever on the back to adjust flow which works ok.

I saw another thread where Jayco had 3 small pin holes for the water to get through so I assume this was the reducer, however I have no such thing so does anyone know if the hose itself acts as a flow reducer or am I being stupid.

Reactions: Delano

Maho

Apr 8, 2016
Melbourne
How do you go with the water pressure on the external shower? ours is pretty poor compared to the inside shower.

I have checked to see if there are any water restriction thingies and have not found any, the only thing I did notice was the shower hose itself says 9.5l per minute, would this slow the pressure down and be the reducer instead of washers etc? I also have a lever on the back to adjust flow which works ok.

I saw another thread where Jayco had 3 small pin holes for the water to get through so I assume this was the reducer, however I have no such thing so does anyone know if the hose itself acts as a flow reducer or am I being stupid.

We use a joolca unit, even though we have the ext shower option. We already had the unit from our camper trailer, and I believe we use less water with the joolca unit. I found the ext shower, as with any shower, you need to turn the taps on to find the right temperature, obviously using water in the mean time. With the Joolca unit, its preset to 40 degrees (or what ever temp you want), turn the shower on and it instantly heats the water with minimal wastage.

I do use a separate gas bottle for it, and have the option to pump from a river for a shower, or run off the van water via the drawbar tap. Ive also got a 5m hose and a garden trigger nozzle, which I think is luxury compared to the standard ext shower! I find this works well for us. with 58 days until we leave for 12 months, ill soon find out what works well!

Maho

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
We use a joolca unit, even though we have the ext shower option. We already had the unit from our camper trailer, and I believe we use less water with the joolca unit. I found the ext shower, as with any shower, you need to turn the taps on to find the right temperature, obviously using water in the mean time. With the Joolca unit, its preset to 40 degrees (or what ever temp you want), turn the shower on and it instantly heats the water with minimal wastage.

I do use a separate gas bottle for it, and have the option to pump from a river for a shower, or run off the van water via the drawbar tap. Ive also got a 5m hose and a garden trigger nozzle, which I think is luxury compared to the standard ext shower! I find this works well for us. with 58 days until we leave for 12 months, ill soon find out what works well!

Maho
Ive also got a 5m hose and a garden trigger nozzle

Perfect solution for getting the sand and stuff of the kids, on my to-do list tonight and check the pressure from the draw bar tap v's the shower.

Reactions: bigcol