Jayco Factory Tour

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Today I went on the Jayco Factory Tour, I love a good Factory tour and this one was a must with our new van soon to be on the assembly line!
It was a real eye opener to see the sheer size of the place and volume of vans being produced, some 40 vans a day and growing! It's quite a comprehensive tour taking you through the entire build process on almost all of the models. They have a fantastic facility and the day was a great confidence boost for the quality of product they are producing. It's a great way of seeing how the structure goes together and how all the cabling and plumbing are run.
They look after their staff as well, provided free to all is a high altitude Gym that has what looks like the latest equipment (I wouldn’t know) and personal trainers.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
I was too busy trying to find mine! It was extras heaven though, I got a little excited today then remembered that we still have a month to go,Doh!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I didn't think you could take kids?

It's why we haven't done the tour - bit hard to get from Kilmore - Dandenong - Kilmore in a day while kids are at school. Need to take them but didn't think we could. Be a pleasant surprise if we can!

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Not sure if you can take kids but you will need to book ahead by a couple of months, it's very popular and only a limited number per tour. Check the Jayco web site, they have a link for tours.

grinner914

Aug 3, 2011
Bacchus Marsh VIC
I did the tour back in June, and I can understand why kids aren't allowed (at least my 2!). You are actually out on the floor of the factory, getting in the workers way, forklifts buzzing past etc.

I was actually suprised that with OH&S we could get as close we did.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
WOW !!!

We loved it !
You guys were right they hold nothing back you get to walk amongst the workers :smash:
That place is big They were doing Stirling, campers ,motorhomes ,Starcraft, and finishing poptops and starting expandas.
One interesting fact that was raised was that now the biggest seller ,and has past the campers which were the biggest, is the expandas !!!
We loved it and will love to do it again .

Thankyou Mr Jayco

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I'm on the tour 22 Sep!

Looking forward to it. Could have got on earlier but work sort of got in the way. I'll not tell work or they will certainly try and mess it up - no life some people but work!

I forgot to ask if photos OK - anyone know?