JASA's Mods

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
looks good JASA i can't wait to see what it looks like on the van where did you get it made or from and what cost ???
i am trying to look at getting something like this as well

cheers

Hi @thomo67 Had it made at MW Toolbox Centre ( http://www.toolboxcentre.com.au ) Dandenong store. I'm not handy on a welder so ADP Caravans in Kilsyth ( http://www.adpcaravans.com.au ) are monting it on the drawbar for me, as well as making up a rear bar to carry the spare wheel. Been happy with both places so far.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
G'day @JASA Great looking box :p
Just wondering if you will be getting a drop down wheel carrier for the back and if so, how much are they charging you. (If you don't mind...)

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
@JASA when ADP mount it for you, make sure you get them to mount it as close as they can to the van without touching. With a short draw bar you do not want to impede your turning circle ability.
ADP are great. I have had a few mods down through there myself.
Here is my toolbox that is front opening. But I have the extended drawbar too as I was concerned with turning circle with bikes mounted.
image.jpg

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
G'day @JASA Great looking box :p
Just wondering if you will be getting a drop down wheel carrier for the back and if so, how much are they charging you. (If you don't mind...)

Hi @Kenshi123 yeah we got a drop down wheel carrier. I'll be posting pics soon.
Um...price!!!! I certainly don't mind you asking and @thomo67 has already asked me the cost of the tool box, but I have a slight dilemma...my wife (love her to bits) knows that I had the work done and, to her credit, has not asked me how much it was...and I haven't told her!!!! :nevreness:

Reactions: Kenshi123

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
@JASA when ADP mount it for you, make sure you get them to mount it as close as they can to the van without touching. With a short draw bar you do not want to impede your turning circle ability.
ADP are great. I have had a few mods down through there myself.
Here is my toolbox that is front opening. But I have the extended drawbar too as I was concerned with turning circle with bikes mounted.
View attachment 17978

Hi @Brad Nice toolbox. Had it all fitted yesterday and was pretty happy with ABD's work. They did leave a little gap because apparently you can get a bit of flex between the van and the bar and the toolbox can rub.
I carry 4 bikes on the back of the cruiser so before I ordered the box I loaded the bikes and went to the local carpark and checked the measurments...hopefully I got it right!!

I'll post pics soon

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Nice mate!!! Looks great! Did you get the drop down wheel carrier from ADP as well mate? Or did they just mount it for you?

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Nice mate!!! Looks great! Did you get the drop down wheel carrier from ADP as well mate? Or did they just mount it for you?

Hi @Kenshi123 ADP made the bar and brought the actual drop down arrangement from Preston Chassis, who make it for the Windsor rapid. All up it was around $600 supplied and fitted including the new number plate light and they had to move the rear water tank across about 50mm. The bar is welded to the chassis rails all the way up to the jacking points.

Reactions: Kenshi123

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Love the box and the rear bar! Might have to take trip down South and get the whole job mirrored to my van.......

Did you say "Group buy"? Jeez I was tempted too especially as it looks so good. Awesome @JASA and I'm sure the missus will forgive you when she finds out how much it cost.

Reactions: JASA