16' Series Impatient

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Somehow we all survived the wait for the new van. Some of us survived easily but others had to resort to distraction techniques to get there.

Some distraction techniques we used:

...we tried to write a list of what we really needed to check / measure on van

.....we annoyed the dealer till he had a similar van getting ready for delivery and we visited with a tape measure , camera and note book

....we measured what we had including all our existing gear such as weber, all plastic storage boxes etc etc. the list changed according to where we were on the wait scale!

...we weighed what we were certain we'd use...to save time later..coffee maker etc and measured it to see where we stow it

....then we looked for things we thought we'd need. If sure, we bought it and weighed it ....if doubtful we left it in the list till we were sure.

And so it went on.

We finally collected the van and got a life, we thought.

Then we made more lists of what to change!

stucati

Jan 12, 2015
Sydney
Its funny, we pick ours up in a few weeks and i have almost lost interest. Trying to inspire myself looking at photos etc. Its our first van and the wait has made me wonder if we will like it etc.

Ah well, if not there will be a sparkling Starcraft for sale after xmas

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Its funny, we pick ours up in a few weeks and i have almost lost interest. Trying to inspire myself looking at photos etc. Its our first van and the wait has made me wonder if we will like it etc.

Ah well, if not there will be a sparkling Starcraft for sale after xmas

It'll come back mate, nothing gives you that holiday mode more than sitting in it.

Reactions: Smirke and Delano

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
We ordered the 16.49-3 outback with the normal upgrades. Extra battery longer draw bar ESC brakes. First trip will be to Hopetoun on the south west coast

Highly recommend the 16" wheels if you haven't already or it's not too late? Great van had two but there heavy.

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Hi all
This 3 months waiting for the new van is killing me, it's like time has stopped. I don't know how you have all done this and some of you have done the waiting process twice
If it makes you feel better we have been waiting since March. It is supposed to be at caravanland now,shall give them a call tomorrow.

Reactions: Delano and bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Waiting... what's that?????
We purchased a floor stock van the day it arrived ;) Still had the wood shavings on the floor and in cupboards..... Detailers were working on it when we called in and looked at it!

Colin Exley

Sep 2, 2015
Perth WA
Waiting... what's that?????
We purchased a floor stock van the day it arrived ;) Still had the wood shavings on the floor and in cupboards..... Detailers were working on it when we called in and looked at it!
You were very lucky, they didn't even have the correct display model that we wanted to look at. Lucky we went to the caravan show before hand so we had some idea as well as ready other peoples input on this site

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome @Colin Exley the waiting is a strange game
one minute - you just cannot wait any more
next minute - too busy to think about it
next minute - is it here yet??
next minute - life in the way
next minute - why isnt it here yet

etc

now is the time to do all the planning and accumulating of goodies for the Van............