How did you cut 145mm hole in caravan floor for diesel heater

Eddii

Jun 28, 2017
Burua Central QLD 4680
I put the heater to it's first test on Saturday night.

Was about 4-5c at night.

Kept it on it''s lowest setting through most of the night but then woke up during then night and turned it up 2 more fan speeds higher as the double bed in the Starcraft was a little cold but I think we may need to get a woollen underlay to solve that problem.

So I am very happy with the heater. The kids love it and like to stand in front of it in the morning when getting changed. The floor of the caravan is quite cold but I guess that is because of there only being a wooden floor and no insulation. Some thick socks when walking around in the caravan solved that problem for now.

I could't really hear the "ticking" of the heater.

Battery level got down to 12.4v after the nights use of stereo/lights but charged up again when the sun came out.

I ran the heater on constant heat output (instead of thermostat mode).

I would recommend this heater and seller for anyone considering buying one for their caravan. Installation is pretty straight forward too.

Will give it an ultimate test for 3 weeks using it every night in July.

Any questions, let me know :)

Looks like a good spot, where was this campsite?

Jared01

Oct 28, 2016
Sydney
Looks like a good spot, where was this campsite?

Glenworth valley (20 mins up the M1, take the exit and head west for about 3 mins then down the valley).

Nice place. Campfires allowed. Few flush toilets and hot showers. Adults $25 per night. Kids under 7 free.

Nice and close to Sydney

Reactions: Eddii

Eddii

Jun 28, 2017
Burua Central QLD 4680
Glenworth valley (20 mins up the M1, take the exit and head west for about 3 mins then down the valley).

Nice place. Campfires allowed. Few flush toilets and hot showers. Adults $25 per night. Kids under 7 free.

Nice and close to Sydney
Thanks @Jared01 , we’ll add that to our destinations when we’re down that way ;)