Hi

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Hi my name is Sinko (plus wife & 3 kids!) and we have just ordered a 16.49.2. We are upgrading from a 90 series Jayco pop top - 1989 model with 3 bunks and day nighter lounge.

I read through most of the threads on here for ideas and have "optioned up" the van a bit. Having used a van for 7 years had given me a few ideas for improvements and taking notice of others in parks too.

Anyway we are going to sell the old van (should get more selling privately than trade in) and expect the new one around June. Hopefully the delivery is then cause that's when I have 4 weeks off work!

Thanks for all the contributions that helped us make or decision (although I'm still not convinced a 17.56 would be better, but the boss likes the 16.49 - who am I to argue).

Cheers
Sinko

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hi Sinko and welcome.

A guy from work took 12 months off a few years ago and took his wife and 4 girls (all under 12) around Oz with the same model Expanda. He did nothing but rave about the van and the layout for a big family.

His experience is one of the reasons we decided to upsize from a Hawk to an Expanda (ours will be the new 14foot bunk model).

Now the waiting game:(

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Well the 16.49 didn't last long!! Just went to the dealer with the boss and we have now changed the order to a 17.56.1, with the same extras we asked for on the 16.49.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Well the 16.49 didn't last long!! Just went to the dealer with the boss and we have now changed the order to a 17.56.1, with the same extras we asked for on the 16.49.

Well done, I think the extra room will be perfect for you the 17.56.1 seems like a popular choice lately.

What is your thoughts on the colour change of the cupboards?

Also what are you going to be towing with?

Boy, Sinko, you and Expanda should get along real well. He changes his mind that quick as well. :D

Hahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahhahaha you know me to well already? :)

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Not too sure on the colors of the cupboards - I'm color blind!

As far as the tow vehicle it's a Territory, which tows the current van no probs. Hopefully it will still tow the 17.56 just as well.

Sinko

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Spoke with the dealer yesterday and the new van won't be ready til 5th September!!!!!!!!

Thats tough. When i ordered my van i was told mid May, now they are saying late June. Its a hard wait when the date keeps moving back.