16' Series Hello, as we start the prepping process!

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
At the risk of sounding arguementative, our Terry has as much room as the Prado and probably more than it in the back seats. The new Prado has an even smaller boot than the older ones.

Interesting BOD. This is exactly the type of info this forum is great for. I would never have guessed that the Terry would have more room than the Prado. Do you take it offroad? If so how does it go?

Ants

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Terry has heaps more and no I don't take it off road......my caravan won't do it so why bother?

When I want to to remote we go with the Prado and a tent.

Then it's a ball tearer. Current Prado's aren't worth the money.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi B.O.D,
What are you doing posting at 1 am, shift worker or can't sleep.... :sleep:
Will have to agree to disagree on the Prado bit, love the 150 series, only downside is towing capacity. But so many other facets of the 150 series are first rate and worth the coin in my opinion....but my opinion has been wrong before.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Got home from work about then.

I don't like the new Prado for the following reasons;
1.Towing capacity is too small for a $60K+ 4WD
2.Dont like the 3rd row of seats - like to remove them which is not possible now.
3.Boot space reduced.
4.Manual version the clutches are weak still.
5.Unless you want to spend big it is low on equipment compared to other comparable vehicles.
6.Overpriced.
7.Underpowered.

I know they resell well and Toyota do back up their product well, but you just feel they make it this way to protect sales of the bigger and more expensive 'Cruiser. Cynical in my view.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Fair enough, still love my 150, this is my third Prado, this one is the best by a long way, and wouldn't buy anything else, except maybe cruiser, but that's just me. :wink:

SilverFox

Aug 27, 2012
ACT
I absolutely love my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V6 diesel. It has a 3.5t towing capacity, big boot, accomodates five people comfortably and comes in a decent price, at $53000. For that money it drives awesome, is very well appointed - heated seats front, entertainment system, bluetooth connectivity, voice recognition, constant 4X4, and the most important item is that the missus just loves it. I have over 13,000kms on it so far and around town I'm seeing 9l/100kms, and with the van hitched up (16.49-1), 13.5l/100kms. After test driving a Prado, Pajero, Territory and then comparing it to the Jeep GC, it was no competition. My money went on the Jeep, and have no regrets.