Hard lid flys

Peterfe

Jun 12, 2018
Australia
Looking at adding hard lid flys to my 07 Expanda and I have a few questions.
Is it a good idea?
Has anyone done it before ( photos please)?
Where can you buy hard lids looking at secondhand?
Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Sorry for the lack of response @Peterfe but I don’t think any one has done it because it would be a major body change. If you do decide to tackle it, please document with pictures as there may be others here who would like to do the same.

There are plenty more mods and repairs available from members so let us know a bit more about your setup.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
there w
Sorry for the lack of response @Peterfe but I don’t think any one has done it because it would be a major body change. If you do decide to tackle it, please document with pictures as there may be others here who would like to do the same.

There are plenty more mods and repairs available from members so let us know a bit more about your setup.

there was someone on here that fitted small awnings to both ends to cover the beds

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Missed this entirely, I doubt it would be possible to retro fit a hard lid, a talented handyman could make a lid of sorts in glass but it would be a bugga of a job it wouldn't seal like the later models and require some ingenuity, I have seen cut down awnings that seemed to work very well but have no idea where or how much it cost them, a monza I would think........ Have also seen vehicle roll out awnings fitted which seemed to do the job just not sure how much bad weather they would handle.

coys 53

Oct 13, 2019
perth
Peterfe
May not be what you're looking for but see my post regarding the framing of the Storm cover's so far so good for us. Only been in light rain so far but worked well, takes about 10-15 min ea side to erect. Photos included.