Hacked??

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Hi,
Whenever I try to reply to a forum message this line "(*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*)" is being inserted into my message. It appears only after I click on post reply and when I click on edit post it is not in the text to be edited.
Its not happening on other forums and I have several layers of virus & malware protection.
Any ideas??
Greg.

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
i've had that happen
i thought it was when i only posted pics and no writing
i just ignore it now
Was happening with a text only post, very strange.
So you just leave it in the text?
That's alright by me just as long others know whats going on.
Greg.

Reactions: mfexpanda

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
G’day @2slow.
That line was inserted to replace “x 2“ (with no space) when members used this frequently to agree with a previous post. It was meant to encourage members to post meaningful messages but it operates when it finds those two characters anywhere in a post. Be assured nobody has hacked your post when that lie appears.

Reactions: Drover

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
G’day @2slow.
That line was inserted to replace “x 2“ (with no space) when members used this frequently to agree with a previous post. It was meant to encourage members to post meaningful messages but it operates when it finds those two characters anywhere in a post. Be assured nobody has hacked your post when that lie appears.
Hi,
That makes sense now and yes I did have "x 3'' (with no space) in my original post.
Wasn't me I was worried about but rather the forum. Good to know there's no cyber skullduggery going on.
Greg.

Reactions: chartrock

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
G’day @2slow.
*Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*