Goodyear wranglers ata?

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
I am thinking of buying a set of Goodyear Wranglers atasa. But I am wanting to hear any neg or poss feedback on these tyres and if there any good for towing with the van.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
i had wranglers on my old 100 series and didnt think much of them,not good in the wet imo.when the triton comes up for new boots i think i will look at BFG ats or coopers at3s only my opinion tho.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
I had a set of Wranglers on my D22 Navara and wore them out in no time at all but I cant blame the tyres the Navara wore out anything in no time at all. We have Coopers on both our Vehicles atm and have never had a problem

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
i had wranglers on my old 100 series and didnt think much of them,not good in the wet imo.when the triton comes up for new boots i think i will look at BFG ats or coopers at3s only my opinion tho.

I've just ordered BFG's for the Triton, 265/65/17 @ $326 ea. hopefully turn up on Saturday. The Coopers were at $369 ea here in Bundy.
I got 38k out of the original Bridgestone Duellers 245/65/17.

The BF's should look ok on the standard rims.

Cheers Deano

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
Cooper ST'S. no road noise. Tow well. Had them on my hilux prior to colorado got 80,000kms and still had more. Don't slip in wet. $306 each fitted at Fourby's this month.

thats a good price for coopers. Maybe I'll look at those instead off the goodyears. I was only looking at the good years because of he 4 for the price of 3.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Have run Goodyear and Bridgestone on previous vehicles, however, still reckon Coopers were the best - great responsive handling, great in the wet and 60K+ kms.

Looking forward the the LC200 needing new feet - will put Coopers on it too!

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Good stuff Deano I thought 30-40k out of duellers would be about it, I have only done almost 12k it will be interesting to know how the BFGs go.

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
Cooper AT3's on our beastie, done about 50,000 on them and still about half left. Great grip in the wet, only slight road noise, all round very happy.

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
weve got the Toyo AT's on the Prado and we are up to 60,000klms and i had the Toyo Wild country on my Patrol- to date they have been the best tyres ive ever owned but are a little dearer than the rest. ive had the BFG all terrains and mud Terrains, Mickey Thompsons ATZ and a set of cheapo General Grabbers so far none come close to the Toyo.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I know everyone has said coopers and I had a set and I had high hopes.

I ordered the all terrain coopers in a light truck construction and once put on they looked like retreads yes retreads they had a dirty great line around the entire tyre.

Worst part was the customer service from Cooper was horrible, they just didn't want to know and after countless phone calls / emails letters they just ignored me.

The only response I could get from them was that it was the joining process and the mold.

After spending nearly $1400 bucks on tyres I was bitterly dissapointed.

I must say the tyres themselve where excellent in the wet etc but just looked horrible and made you question quality control and whether you could take them off road without loosing your tread.

Had they backed their product and actually responded to my reqeusts for help I would have been satisfied.

I haven't purchased any qaulity tyres since that epsiode but if I do it again Ill go with BF Goodrich AT's.

Currently have the Dunlop Grandtrek AT22's very good tyre and very happy but does squeal a bit when giving stick around a corner.

Here is a pick of the line and this was on all four tyres -

100_1534.JPG

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Expanda,

Goes to show you just how important customer service is...

Here you are making comment on a forum/social media about a product or company which has the potential to influence others in either a +ve or -ve way.

The company I work for has customers who understand the importance of a positive experience and happy customers and to that end, they spend large amounts of coin with our company to buy social media/internet/sentiment monitoring systems just for this very purpose.

Good customer service = happy customer, +ve sentiment and feedback, more business & profit. We are doing their marketing!

Bad customer service = -ve sentiment and loss of business.

Just look at what a few comments and customer actions on a little forum like this can do to a big insurance company!

Cheers,

Rohan

Homebrewpig

Feb 27, 2013
I've just ordered BFG's for the Triton, 265/65/17 @ $326 ea. hopefully turn up on Saturday. The Coopers were at $369 ea here in Bundy.
I got 38k out of the original Bridgestone Duellers 245/65/17.

The BF's should look ok on the standard rims.

Cheers Deano

I have have got 88000k's out of my original boots on the Triton, and they are just shy of the wear indicators now.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
I have Cooper ST MAXX on the Patrol at the moment, did a trip to the cape last year with no problems at all towing our old Swan, i think they would of done around 20,000kms at the moment and showing very minimal signs of wear. Reasonably quiet on the black top aswell, and plenty of grip on and off road..

Reactions: Capt. Gadget