Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
We stayed at Rocky Point Retreat for four nights $108 which I think is okay no power only water no dunny or shower either but they have a dump point, fire pits and fire wood free and 400 square metre sites on the creek.
watch the tides sunday am ,the coast up there has an extreme tide warning out on bom probably thanks to Seth

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sound like your getting into a flap big fella :p as a QLDer I just drive home next week, no iso for this fella.... I dont like crowds period, covid has nothing to do with it, less folk around the better I reckon..

Hopefully Seth has buggered off before I get home, neighbours say. its crappy up there at the moment...

Better allow 6 weeks in iso along the Murray before the run north so you know your clear.......

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Looking at the track of Seth big low will come down the coast ,upset a few camping on Fraiser Island .Here in Yamba covid well and truly arrived Friday around 150 lined up for the test.Best guess around 100 positives in town.Many places closed because of no staff .I just can not believe how badly this pandemic has been handled by many of our state and federal politicians.And tell me how the AddBlue debacle wasnt forseen.? Plus the few weeks of diesel etc Australia has in reserves.Are we that stupid.?

Reactions: Boots in Action

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Looking at the track of Seth big low will come down the coast ,upset a few camping on Fraiser Island .Here in Yamba covid well and truly arrived Friday around 150 lined up for the test.Best guess around 100 positives in town.Many places closed because of no staff .I just can not believe how badly this pandemic has been handled by many of our state and federal politicians.And tell me how the AddBlue debacle wasnt forseen.? Plus the few weeks of diesel etc Australia has in reserves.Are we that stupid.?
Hi.
Yes, many of us are really that stupid. The politicians and leaders we have are there because the majority of people have voted them in. And the rest have sat in comfort and done nothing (me included).
We really have no one to blame but ourselves for the situation we are in.

take care
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well usually not the majority, most pollies don't have a majority as this preferential voting system means they get votes that folk gave to someone else... much prefer first past the post .............. still in comparison to many other countries our mob look good which is scary as we have some truly stupid people there.............

Anyway lets not get into political rubbish on this thread we have the Whingeing Thread for that..........

Saw on SkyWeather yesterday the track for Seth was plotted to run to about Maryborough @Boots in Action should be good as an on the spot reporter from Poona as its a fav camp of his..............

Reactions: Johnanbev

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
yes we are that stupid and self centered, we have got ourselves into the current situations, no aussie cars , no aussie canneries, no aussie frozen food , no aussie oil refineries , no aussie metals ,aussie fertilizer plant closing because they cant get reliable gas supplies why? we are selling it overseas cheaper than we can get it here , the big green shed does not support local industary as they source junk from overseas , comes down to the sad fact we all shop with our wallet in mind and not the fact we can keep our own country going if we pay a little extra for good quality products ,and to the multitude out there that say add blue is not their issue think again ,EVERYTHING we buy ,eat,use, grow, drink,medicate refuel, is produced and moved around using trucks and tractors that require add blue, yes we are that stupid. AMEN

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Whilst saving a fancy lure from a tree I thought its a opportune time for a swim, Mrs D says I fell out not so says I.

IMG_20220102_115819.jpg

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Until the media discovered a "Weather Event" the King Tides at this time of year was just a normal thing which coastal folk knew about just like the big westerly blows around Aug-Oct, been around as long as the moon and the usual storms push them higher.
Yep, been doing it at this time every year since I was a kid, and that's 80+ years ago!

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, been doing it at this time every year since I was a kid, and that's 80+ years ago!

The waves at Port Kembla Beach at this time of year when I was a kid were huge certainly left over tidal waves I always thought............. rips that would drag you out to the jaws of the Noah's that waiting beyond the breakers in a matter of seconds.............. and I doubt it has changed..... well more folk with no idea of the beach and danger.

Reactions: Bluey and Johnanbev

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
The waves at Port Kembla Beach at this time of year when I was a kid were huge certainly left over tidal waves I always thought............. rips that would drag you out to the jaws of the Noah's that waiting beyond the breakers in a matter of seconds.............. and I doubt it has changed..... well more folk with no idea of the beach and danger.
The other thing that happens at around New Year on the mid-north coast of NSW is the movement inshore of the north flowing cold current. Really noticable temp drop.
Used to love surfing in the surf boat on those New year waves!

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Well usually not the majority, most pollies don't have a majority as this preferential voting system means they get votes that folk gave to someone else... much prefer first past the post .............. still in comparison to many other countries our mob look good which is scary as we have some truly stupid people there.............

Anyway lets not get into political rubbish on this thread we have the Whingeing Thread for that..........

Saw on SkyWeather yesterday the track for Seth was plotted to run to about Maryborough @Boots in Action should be good as an on the spot reporter from Poona as its a fav camp of his..............
Not this time @Drover !!! Easter is our next visit to Poona. Still not too late for a cyclone though. Hope not anyway!!! And not necessarily a fav spot either...unless the fish are biting. The ones you can't catch in your boat!!!

• Haha

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lovely day by the Gwydir, dam has been releasing since Sunday so lots of water moving just bluddy cold @18c , Catfish on the hook and lots of Shrimp for bait but nothing in the yabbie net probably too cold, nice day sitting with feet in the water watching the cricket, few beers.....
Certainly if your looking for a nice place to camp, water, shade excellant town nearby this is the spot especially as not a lot here.....Bingara NSW and only a 2hr drive from Texas, entry back into QLD is not a drama....

Reactions: Bluey

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Lovely day by the Gwydir, dam has been releasing since Sunday so lots of water moving just bluddy cold @18c , Catfish on the hook and lots of Shrimp for bait but nothing in the yabbie net probably too cold, nice day sitting with feet in the water watching the cricket, few beers.....
Certainly if your looking for a nice place to camp, water, shade excellant town nearby this is the spot especially as not a lot here.....Bingara NSW and only a 2hr drive from Texas, entry back into QLD is not a drama....
My pop is a resident of the cemetery there in Bingara. We stopped off in 2014 on our way home from Fraser Island heading back to Sydney to check up on him and his mum who is there as well. Apparently he was born there but we struggled to find the house from his childhood. Need to get back there before the local historian passes as he is very knowledgeable.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The politicians and leaders we have are there because the majority of people have voted them in
Ha. Ill remind you of (or introduce to) Jacqui Lambie and wonder boy Ricky Muir. Lambie originally wrestled 6.58% of the primary vote to be elected and the exceptionally talented Muir successfully snatched a representative Federal Senate seat for Victoria with a whopping 0.51% of the primary vote (we got the guy 99.49% didn't want). So yes they were both voted in, mostly on the basis of an Uber full of hillbillys ..... oh, and of course with a leg up from a bizarre smoke and mirror preferential voting system.

Even the PM in waiting required the votes of people who voted against him to get over the line. The ex Attorney General was actually 2% behind the other bloke yet jagged the gig by using votes from folk that didn't want either of them .... these horse $hit shenanigans we let these flogs get away with defies explanation ... and the kicker is on top of that we are forced by law and threat of fines to smile and participate in this side show dimokrasy

Reactions: mikerezny

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its a sad day, the shed 50" Plasma TV after 13 years of service has died, replaced by an old 32" LCD, hopefully temporary,...... They are bluddy heavy units....
Poster about covers it...

IMG_20220111_172337.jpg...

Grandpa Gunna

Dec 29, 2020
Northern Tablelands NSW
Think I'm going to have to buy myself a lottery ticked.
A looong weekend parked up at nieces in Invergowrie (west of Armidale) until yesterday afternoon.
Received a phone call from her husband that evening, they had trees down and garden shed is now in neighbours block
Looks like mini tornado came through.
Fairly sure Poptop wouldn't have liked it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
AUSTRALIA DAY ............. love it or hate it, its AUSTRALIA so you can voice your choice ..... Gotta Luv It......

I love a southern country
A land of lebs and wogs
Of some occas around the barbie
And bikies with monrel dogs
I love her sunshine beaches
I love her outback towns
Far beyond horizons
Where the black stumps can be found
I loved the life she gave me
The rumbles and the knocks
On monkey bars and pushbikes
As we bounced around the blocks