Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Grandpa Gunna

Dec 29, 2020
Northern Tablelands NSW
I can email and text emojis, but won't show load or show on forum!!!!!.
Just fixed , sort of, can't use phone keyboard have to use forum menu to add emoji.
I think @Bluey needs to change his tag to
"Bitcoin" with all these cryptic/crypto messages..........:):):):):):):)

Now for the (insert drum roll)
"A trip to Corner country"

@Bluey enjoy your Xmas break. I can only dream about getting away at the moment

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
And so ends a great day in The Shed, the place where the TV only has decent shows on with nobody to yell that its too loud.... Jobs done with lovely background music and finished off sitting in the boat with a few tubes and a 50" TV in HD..

IMG_20211205_173100_HDR.jpg
...Bathurst...8-)8-)8-)8-)

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I’m still devastated that the kid bent his car such a great kid and driver probably only did it to get on the TV (Repco and Chanel 7 should be ashamed of themselves)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Drove past a Jayco Expanda For Sale today, looked like a 12ft'r, 2009 tagged at $34,400 ...................................... wonder if it will be there tomorrow, lot of $$$.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like driving those little Tonka Diggers but the bluddy beeping drives you nuts.............

I see on radar you are getting sprinkles form the heavens to help the work along as well.......................... Overcast and cold here in the ACT, we roll out in morning and head back to QLD via some fishing on the Gwydir River..........

Reactions: Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We’ll I’m just sitting in my boat on Baffle Creek feeding the fish, really quiet here for this time of year C19 must have kept people away?

Lucky bugga, bluddy freezing, overcast down here and like @Chartock friggin' windy, typical of the ACT........... rivers are flowing too fast for fishing and yaking even if it was sunny..........................

Reactions: chartrock and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'm just sitting back thinking about it. Running a bit fast here so may go upstream to the large lagoons, 2 morra though....
.....IMG_20211230_140858_HDR.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Any wonder I stay away from the price gougers on the coast, Lennox Head $46/nt for unpowered site, so crammed together you hear the neighbours breathing, stuff that.......

Water point here is via a pay machine, $3/kl minimum $1, there was $1.33 still on the meter, so I filled my 60lt tank in Jeep, meter showed a $1.17 left, Gwydir Council must make a profit out if it.....Texas their machine is card only with a $5 minimum....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats why I don't visit the coast or the touristy money grabbing places, sniffing each others bottom type camping has never interested me .......... besides I live on one of the great beach areas, just don't go there when all the city yobs are let loose..... Lennox Head has always been dear for rough tiny patch, public beach nearby, a lake that 9 times out of 10 has green algae bloom and its always flamin windy........ What a Miserable Old Coot I hear, yep ........

Just did my daily view of all things Covid and NT's rules are worse than QLD, I'm surprised, test 3 days before entry then on day 3 and day 6, no entry if not jabbed, @Bluey your going have sticks stuck up your nose for days,lol,lol ........................ I'd be checking that a neg PCR from Vic will get your into NT since you will be driving thru SA, have to be quick though, 72 hrs from test time means peddle to the metal......

Then again it may all change by the time you begin your journey into The Big Wet....... https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/travel/border-entry#testing

When you go we will require updates, pics all the usual stuff of course................... :car: :couch2:

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
We stayed at Rocky Point Retreat for four nights $108 which I think is okay no power only water no dunny or shower either but they have a dump point, fire pits and fire wood free and 400 square metre sites on the creek.

Reactions: Bluey

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Thats why I don't visit the coast or the touristy money grabbing places, sniffing each others bottom type camping has never interested me .......... besides I live on one of the great beach areas, just don't go there when all the city yobs are let loose..... Lennox Head has always been dear for rough tiny patch, public beach nearby, a lake that 9 times out of 10 has green algae bloom and its always flamin windy........ What a Miserable Old Coot I hear, yep ........

Just did my daily view of all things Covid and NT's rules are worse than QLD, I'm surprised, test 3 days before entry then on day 3 and day 6, no entry if not jabbed, @Bluey your going have sticks stuck up your nose for days,lol,lol ........................ I'd be checking that a neg PCR from Vic will get your into NT since you will be driving thru SA, have to be quick though, 72 hrs from test time means peddle to the metal......

Then again it may all change by the time you begin your journey into The Big Wet....... https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/travel/border-entry#testing

When you go we will require updates, pics all the usual stuff of course................... :car: :couch2:
@Drover , I could not help thinking of you trying to get away from the maddening (and Covid laden) crowd. We too try to get away from the insane public gatherings at this time. We were away camping a week just before Christmas at Jimna State Forest Park where originally only 8 people were booked (capacity of 300), so were hoping for a quiet time. However, first night we were invaded by around 20 extra panel van type vehicles full of young hippie, alternative lifestyle campers, including several from NSW. They left the next morning to go to a nearby music festival attended by up to 40,000. Fortunately, we stayed well clear of them and now find out that the music site has been declared a Covid hot spot with now more than 400 people with confirmed Covid, and spreading around the Sunshine Coast too. You never know now who you are mixing with, more chance of getting Covid from somebody, so be careful @Drover. Many Queenslanders are now not happy with the borders open compared with the "freedom" we (some of us) enjoyed beforehand. "You wanted the borders open, so now you have it and Covid as well. So be careful for what you wish for!!!"

May 2022 be good for everyone, so stay safe. Trust no one! Happy ??? New Year.

Reactions: poor but proud

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

3000 in Qld today. Welcome to the $hit show ladies and gentleman, we've save you a seat up the front. Its been so long and relentless now down here in Mexico it would take 100,000 per day for anyone to bother noticing. I, and most others have no clue what our numbers are

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just read about that @Boots in Action , you missed it by that much, seen all the numbers bugger all in icu, besides if they were testing like they are now a month ago the numbers would have been higher back then, test more find more... I have always kept clear of crowds so nothing has changed. Out here in rural NSW much the same as in Rural QLD, its the city fellas you have to watch...
Im not bothered by it all that much and I certainly wont be lining up for hours for some test, folks I know have had it say no need for a test, you know when you have it, worst wog ever...
Covid clearance at camp is about 300 mts, suits me fine...

PS: QLD has one poor soul in ICU, .

Last edited:
Reactions: Boots in Action