Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
How can I lay down suppression fire with my hands full ??? I've had the outboards croak it and leave me stranded so no way this fella is strapping on a jet pack thingy to fly over a shark pond..

• Haha
Reactions: Disco Duck

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Righto all you up north be prepared be warned we are comming borders will be open petrol tanks will be filled vans have been ready for months the hume will be very busy we are out of here merry christmas your presant will be our presence all along the coast
Righto all you up north be prepared be warned we are comming borders will be open petrol tanks will be filled vans have been ready for months the hume will be very busy we are out of here merry christmas your presant will be our presence all along the coast

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Looks like we be delayed again.. See you in 2025 guys..
Dont mozz us Dave, its another balls up but if the flogs can get on top of the latest incompetence that may work in our favour. It could be a hint that finally the flogs are up to the task (even tho they caused this one as well). Funny how we've conditioned to see a tiny resolution to incompetence and mismanagement as a win

Reactions: Disco Duck

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Dont mozz us Dave, its another balls up but if the flogs can get on top of the latest incompetence that may work in our favour. It could be a hint that finally the flogs are up to the task (even tho they caused this one as well). Funny how we've conditioned to see a tiny resolution to incompetence and mismanagement as a win
Question is if we did open up and this was next week
What is he going to do lock down again.
At one stage we going to have to open up again.

I say be another week to see how it goes at least sorry :(
Same area that started wave 2 last time.
People go to that school from all over northern Melb. Including commission blocks in Flemington again :(

Not sure you can blame DHSS
if someone in my family has COVID I wait to we all got the all clear.
Not send the kid back the day before he due to be tested that was booked in.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Question is if we did open up and this was next week
What is he going to do lock down again.
At one stage we going to have to open up again.

I say be another week to see how it goes at least sorry :(
Same area that started wave 2 last time.
People go to that school from all over northern Melb. Including commission blocks in Flemington again :(

Not sure you can blame DHSS
if someone in my family has COVID I wait to we all got the all clear.
Not send the kid back the day before he due to be tested that was booked in.
By all accounts the family asked the appropriate questions, and the message given was good to go. The govt has deflected DHHS responsibility as a miscommunication on both sides. Under the current circumstances, all govt dept would be on nuclear alert and should ensure there's never any confusion. By the looks of it, its the kind of noncritical balls up that may well have been acceptable early on ... but we are not early on now, we're 7 months down the track of a rollercoaster of mismanagement, lies, deaths and economic carnage and we're well and truly beyond any inadvertant miscommunication.

I suspect it could be a month of rollbacks

I don't think the masses would be widely compliant if they were to try and increase restrictions at any point now going forward. Quarantine was only a single failure, it's the safety net of contact tracing that's been the ongoing failure, and its still contact tracing that we are hinging all bets on now. Who knows if theyre up to it. Given the constant failure of contact tracing, and time and endless examples of how to get that done right we can only hope they've finally found someone with the brain function to get on top of it

Finger crossed Dave .... Im pack and ready to launch. I only need 2 hours notice

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
Still some personal responsibility. If you have a household and someone has COVID.. You think you triple check you allowed out.
DHSS lots of crazy grey areas.. other members seem still to be allowed out until they catch it.
If there is 6 in a house and 4 have it the other 2 can still go out :( Although can take 14 days for a positive :(

So every 2nd week someone stuffs up we never re open.
Casey 21st Sep then Franga Cleaner 2 Oct then Shep/Kilmore 9th Oct now this one
We never re open while people do not stay at home.

EDIT and now we have crazy right wing nutters calling horses racist while hitting them with a flag :)

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
somehow, this sort of sums up how I have to manage what is going on in Melbourne at the moment.

People aren't going to change and the DHHS is not going to ever be as good as needed. They have had months and months and you would have to be a born optimist to have any confidence in them.

take care
Mike

image.png

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
following on from my previous post.

I found a site that was accurately reporting covid-related statistics and charts for Australia and New Zealand.
I liked the site and a few weeks ago became one of the volunteers that maintain the site.
It has been a real buzz getting back into software development. Especially since this is completely stress free, which is a huge change from my previous life in climate and weather modelling.

If you have a chance, please check out the site:

https://www.covid19data.com.au/

Some good news: the site is one of the three finalists for a Walkley Award in innovation.

https://www.walkleys.com/finalists-...-walkley-awards-for-excellence-in-journalism/

The winners will be judged at 7pm, 20th November and streamed live on

walkleys.com

take care
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now to step back in time................

They once made a Movie in Melbourne called "On The Beach" and the end of the world.

Ava Gardiner was attributed to making the comment during the shoot ;
"On the Beach is a story about the end of the world, and Melbourne sure is the right place to film it."

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Now to step back in time................

They once made a Movie in Melbourne called "On The Beach" and the end of the world.

Ava Gardiner was attributed to making the comment during the shoot ;
"On the Beach is a story about the end of the world, and Melbourne sure is the right place to film it."
I take the pretend Hollywood make-believe apocalypse over the real-world incompetence apocalypse that we are enduring

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
pretty sure they can only trace zero cases a day as Sgt Shultz is in charge :)

In paper now they sent a email to the family to say they where allowed out.
So if there is just one case they have no idea :)

Presser late today.. We might be allowed to go 25.5km from home :)

Reactions: Crusty181

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
The whole North Melbourne outbreak started with a health care worker at Box Hill hospital contracting it from a patient in a covid ward.
After 9 bloody months, the DHHS has still not implemented adequate procedures in hospitals to protect the staff who work there.

Despite case after case after case of health-care workers being infected at work, DHHS will still not accept any responsibility or admit that the procedures and training in infection control at hospitals needs to be improved. Today DHHS stated that they are not responsible because it is the responsibility of the board of each hospital to manage the issue.

take care
Mike