16' Series G'Day Everyone out there in Expanda Land!

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Hello All from Gil, Amanda and our 4 kids...

We are new to the caravaning family but have been wanting get a van for last couple of years. We decided to take the plunge last month and bought a 2006 16.49-2 OB to start with so we could get used to the idea. Plus with the 4 kids, we needed to make sure it would work.

So far so good. We have sorted out gear and sleeping arrangments but now just getting the annex organised.

We have only had one trip so far (that was pretty disasterous). We are hanging out for a week's trip away with friends coming up in September.

Will have a few questions to ask everyone as we need advice. Great site, already been reading some interesting topics.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Caravan.jpg
    Caravan.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 274

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Welcome, I'm sure the disasters are behind you and it's all up from here! There is plenty of great advice on this site!

Thanks everyone.

Funny that is what we said drewy. At least we got the bad stuff out of the way but unfortunately we may get similar situations again. Short story was that we went to a caravan park (Hastings Point, awesome), setup in the dark for the first time cause we got stuck in traffic. All going well after intial fun and then the youngest decided to get a stomach bug. Ah, the joys of having kids. :baby:

I am looking forward to learning heaps as well as assisting where I can... Cheers!

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
G'day EG and welcome, nice pic in your avatar too!!

Thanks cruza, taken (from my iPhone) in one of the storms just before XMas last year prior to the floods.

Hope we dont have any major situations like that come up again, especially when we are out and about. How well do Expandas float? :smile:

ElectricGuru

Sep 5, 2011
SE Brisbane
Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't put these up until now. The camera decided to go on a month long vacation around the cupboards in our house and only surfaced yesterday.

Couple of photos of our rig on our first big holiday to Yamba in Sept/Oct school holidays with the new annex.

Cvan 5.jpg Cvan 7.jpg

Cvan 9.jpg Cvan 8.jpg