17' Series Full annexe on pop-tops

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
The struts aren't there to hold the roof up, there to help lift it. The quick lifts at the end's lock it in place so you won't have any problem with an annex, or solar.
My roof goes out of line a lot its been adjusted 3 times by jayco ....... jayco told me about stronger struts i know they dont hold it up jayco where going to fit those scissor things to help keep roof in line but they couldnt fit them on my model he allso said jayco may go back to putting them on some models as roof weight now with a/c s and pannels arnt getting any lighter my roof has somtimes moved over that much i could barely get the clips on to hold it down and roof lifters inside van didnt help or stop it some people will never have problyms some will the joy of some jaycos

Reactions: bigcol

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
My roof goes out of line a lot its been adjusted 3 times by jayco ....... jayco told me about stronger struts i know they dont hold it up jayco where going to fit those scissor things to help keep roof in line but they couldnt fit them on my model he allso said jayco may go back to putting them on some models as roof weight now with a/c s and pannels arnt getting any lighter my roof has somtimes moved over that much i could barely get the clips on to hold it down and roof lifters inside van didnt help or stop it some people will never have problyms some will the joy of some jaycos

Scissor lift's do the same as gas struts, they help lift the roof, they do nothing to keep it in position.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
thanks @17triton . What about the comment about the weight to the roof and needing to upgrade the struts? did you find that to be true? i wouldn't have thought it would add much. we dont have anything on the roof yey (we got the heron cabinet a/c) but will be adding solar panel(s) soon.
I haven't had that problem with any of my annexes yet. This one has only been used once so far.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
mine was doing it for awhile, until I realised what was happening
now when I lower the roof, I add more weight to the road side (lean more) when I put it down

hit and a miss if I get it spot on, but its somewhere near enough

I also had Mr Havachat from Australia Wide Annexes come to my place for measure & quote

took longer, as SWMBO offered him a coffee.................... about 2.5hrs

and the same when he delivered it, and put it up to show me where everything went
20 mins to fit annex - 2 hours of chat & coffee

Reactions: Dobbie and dagree

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Australiawide Annexes supplied two adjustable poles to fit between the roof and van when the annex was setup to help with any downward weight!
I have them it dosnt realy worrie me its just what happens its how it is thats life but the legs still let it come across