Free Range Camping

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Hi Folks,

I found this website which is all about free camping, dump point locations and low cost caravan parks etc... The site is run by an Aussie family who traded their day jobs to travel around OZ (how cool is that?). I wish I have the guts to do that. may be one day... :encouragement:

Anyway, they have converted an old school bus into a well equipped motorhome and are traveling around country while updating the website on new camping spots. You need to register as a member (which is free) to access the website. Once a member, you can also suggest sites which can be uploaded to the website to share with others...

It has over 1000 places of free camping, dump points, low cost caravan parks. Not to mention full details of how to get there, caravan accessibility, description of the place and much more. Hope you guys find it useful as well.

here is the link to the website:

https://www.freerangecamping.com.au/

cheers TRAKADU

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Been with it from when they started but have found it to be a bit clunky for mobile broadband on tablet, may get better in time, prefer WiKi Camps for ease of use.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Me too...prefer Wikicamps at the moment but will check freerangecamping regularly as I've found a few that are not on Wikicamps.

As it develops it should prove very useful and good luck to them as they work to grow it....

Reactions: Drover