Folding Bikes? Any good?

Expanda14

Nov 14, 2012
Melbourne
Here's my folding bike update.
I was hoping Aldi would bring their folding bikes back into store before school holidays, but that ain't happening.
So I went on one of my usual google research spree's and have today received my new folding bikes freighted up from Melbourne.
Spent way more $$$ than I wanted too, so don't ask cause I'm not telling!
But am really happy with what we ended up with. They are Tern brand and single speed. I wanted single speed because the less parts/derailers/gears the better, less things to go wrong and brake. We are convinced our 9 year old daughter has super powers and can brake bike gears just by looking at them.
Will try and post up a couple pics tomorrow!

Chartrock, get ready for the folding bike race in January 2014. I'm officially in training! :cheer2:

What bike shop in Melbourne
before I was a sparky I owned a bike shop then worked as a sales rep down here
good bike shops down here and much cheaper

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Better bike shops in Melbourne for sure. I searched Sydney first but couldn't find what i was looking for. Got them from St Kilda Cycles and they were on sale, free freight and arrived assembled within 4 days. Gotta be happy with that.

Expanda14

Nov 14, 2012
Melbourne
Better bike shops in Melbourne for sure. I searched Sydney first but couldn't find what i was looking for. Got them from St Kilda Cycles and they were on sale, free freight and arrived assembled within 4 days. Gotta be happy with that.

Small world one of my mates works there great bike shop.
And great bikes
well done

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Small world one of my mates works there great bike shop.
And great bikes
well done
Such a small world! They were great, I'd happily buy from them again! It's good to get the thumbs up from you on the Terns. They are quality, I'm really happy with them.
Why the career change? Bikes to sparky!

Expanda14

Nov 14, 2012
Melbourne
When i was in the bike trade i was incharge of purchasing of the bike brand that we imported. And involved alot of traveling in and out of Aus . And with a young family got too hard so back to the family business.
My wife,s dad owned a electrical business for 27 years and wanted us to take it over . Just good timing for us and him
so been running it with the good wife for about 7 years now. And my wife has done the books for much longer than that
still ride bikes alot and got heaps of mates still with shops
E14

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
When i was in the bike trade i was incharge of purchasing of the bike brand that we imported. And involved alot of traveling in and out of Aus . And with a young family got too hard so back to the family business.
My wife,s dad owned a electrical business for 27 years and wanted us to take it over . Just good timing for us and him
so been running it with the good wife for about 7 years now. And my wife has done the books for much longer than that
still ride bikes alot and got heaps of mates still with shops
E14

Yep, good decision E14. Your wife and kids will always be happier and more connected for having you around all the time. And I say that from first hand experience, as my Dad travelled way to much when we were growing up!
Plus, much better to be self employed! Great that you got to take over an already established business. My husband has a couple security businesses here in Sydney and our girls think they'll be taking it over when they're older. They already argue over who will be GM. Hah.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hey chartrock,
Thought I'd give you a sneak peek of the compitition!! :boxing-25:

IMG_4135.jpg IMG_4179.jpg