First (3 monthly) Service

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
Don't you think greasing every few days is going way over the top?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Don't you think greasing every few days is going way over the top?
Maybe but travelling a lot of dirt roads it helps keep the grit out and it has a rotating sleeve so I like it keep it in good condition for the small price of a squirt of grease.

If its a bitumen road obviously I don't grease it as often.

Painted Desert SA
577.jpg

Attachments

• 577.jpg
    577.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 133

jed

May 16, 2013
I have recently (July)had the first service on our 14.44.5 single axle van carried out at Page Bros, Seaford. The cost for the service was $195

thanks for the heads up morg we have the same van and also bought it at page brothers seaford at least i know what im up for in a few months time .
cheers

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
Looks like our hitch cruza, good to see you don't use level riders. I see you have also collected a few pebbles, we where amazed at what we collected on our recent trip

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@cruza driver this is probably a dumb question, but, does your hitch creek and groan much? mine groans and carries on in tight turns like drive ways and park sites etc, I just assumed it was the nylon block in the receiver?
Cheers
Dave

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Not a dumb question @DRW yes I can hear mine to mate when pivoting the van around.

My Hawk did the same thing and it's sounds like the poly block in the coupling as you mentioned. I lube my pin with an anti seize compound too and it makes fitting the pin easier too.

:tea:

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
Yeah, my poly block on the old camper was pretty noisy. I just put a thin film of marine grease on it to stop the noise.

Roadkill

Mar 24, 2013
SA
Had a squeak all our return trip from initial pickup of the expanda Ended up being several bolts on the vehicle hitch that needed additional tightening up.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Back to the original question. It was going to cost $165 to do my first service. I was going away in the November. Rany up in September only to be told the earliest I could get it done was late December. I saved the $165.

Reactions: Antman

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Careful greasing the actual poly block as any dirt will get attracted to the grease and act like a sandpaper between the coupling and block,my thoughts anyway.

@Stan53, there sure is a long wait this time of the year as the weather warms up.

Last edited:

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Well finally had my first service today by a Caravan Service Repairer recommended to me by a forum member.
Dropped it off yesterday arvo and picked it up this arvo.

Impressed with their service and they even fixed up a few niggly little warranty issues for me while it was there for half the Jayco Dealers price!

:minion_happy::minion_happy::minion_happy:

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Well finally had my first service today by a Caravan Service Repairer recommended to me by a forum member.
Dropped it off yesterday arvo and picked it up this arvo.

Impressed with their service and they even fixed up a few niggly little warranty issues for me while it was there for half the Jayco Dealers price!

:minion_happy::minion_happy::minion_happy:
Good to hear mate, I think I passed you on the bypass yesterday.....is your cruiser a reddish colour?