First (3 monthly) Service

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Sorry, reality sucks sometimes! For a tick and flick, it should be free! Even my wife's cars first service was free and it was just over half the price of the van and a hell of a lot more moving parts!

BJ

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
im taking mine in for its first service in a few weeks and I was expecting it to be free to rectify warranty issues such as factory oversights and omissions.
ive never paid for it - first service that is

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We just got ours back from the first service and warranty rectifications. They had the van for nearly 7 weeks so offered the service for free as a compensation. I gratefully accepted.

Reactions: Pace and hamish22

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Great question Hamish22. Thanks for the 'heads up" thought it would have been free also :frown-9:

Greg & Janette

Dec 29, 2012
Just had a look at what is involved with the 1st service. Lots of testing and inspecting but does not a lot of doing for $245/$325. lol

jindiman

Feb 16, 2012
you should buy your vans at jayco albury Wodonga as all first sercices are free

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
If you actually ask what the money of the first service is for, it is for the inspection and adjustment of the brakes. Jayco people do not actually have to be mechanically trained.... hmmm. A lot of dollars for a brake inspection of a non-qualified person. I told them that they could do the inspection and i would organise the brakes elsewhere. I did not pay for my first service.

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
When I purchased my Discovery in 2010 no one mentioned a 3 month first service. As I recall they talked of annual service or at 10,000k. I had the annual service done at 11 months to get warranty stuff fixed and some additional power points and B/bar added. Yes I had to pay for the service. I expected to. Due to reasons beyond our control we had done about 2,000k at this stage.

What annoyed me was the brakes were grabbing before the service and have continued to do so since. The extras I asked for got done, and most of the warranty items were either not fixed or fell off on the way home. When we picked the van up the service books weren't filled in and we could not check inside as the van was parked in a large very wet muddy lot at the rear of the service centre. When we got the van home and could get inside we found loose screws, and saw dust all over the floor. I subsequently fixed all the warranty issues my self.

And that my friends is why we did not go back to Seaford when we purchased our new StarCraft Outback. We are due to pick up the new van at the end of Sept. It is my intention to get it home and spend a week going over every fitting that I can find. Then take off for a week or two and test every item as much as possible.

Having experienced lousy dealer service I can sympathize with people who find they are paying for so called service.