17' Series Filling tanks

Aaron and Shannen

May 2, 2014
Hi all, recently purchased a 2012 17.56.2 expanda, still learning about it though , can anyone give advice on how to fill tanks, and do you need to open/close the tanks for use ?
Also, pump ( I guess) seems noisy when using tap, either on mains supply or tank, spits and spurts a bit. Is this normal ??
Cheers
Appreciate the advice

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
You can fill the tanks straight from the filler necks behind the same door as the mains connection.

I have made up a Y piece for the end of my hose so I can fill both tanks at the same time.

As for the pump, they can be noisy depending on where they have been mounted, but it shouldn't be running with the mains connected, If it does run as it does in your case you can turn the pump off when connected to the mains, also a good idea to turn the pump off overnight as they are known to run for a sec in the middle of the night scaring the poo out of you.:minion_evil_run:

As for the spluttering it's just air in the lines which will clear if you let it run & or an empty tank

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Gday

I have a 16.49.3, so the setup is different, but I did have the spurting issue especially in the hand basin! It was resolved when I put in a one way valve in the line to the hand pump on the sink. Because we never use it, the seal on the hand pump was letting air back into the water pipe. If it isn't that, then I would check all the John Guest fittings that the water pipes are pushed right into the fitting. Actually each John Guest should have Circlips to stop the pipe from coming out!
CJ1177 has esponded re filling your water tanks and being connected to mains water. And yes, if connected to mains water, don't have your 12 volt water pump on, otherwise turn it off at night as the pressure in the pipes appears to reduce during the night and the pump will come on for very short pumps.

Aaron and Shannen

May 2, 2014
You can fill the tanks straight from the filler necks behind the same door as the mains connection.

I have made up a Y piece for the end of my hose so I can fill both tanks at the same time.

As for the pump, they can be noisy depending on where they have been mounted, but it shouldn't be running with the mains connected, If it does run as it does in your case you can turn the pump off when connected to the mains, also a good idea to turn the pump off overnight as they are known to run for a sec in the middle of the night scaring the poo out of you.:minion_evil_run:

As for the spluttering it's just air in the lines which will clear if you let it run & or an empty tank

Oh rito, many thanks. I'll go and check this out tomorrow. Many thanks.

Aaron and Shannen

May 2, 2014
Gday

I have a 16.49.3, so the setup is different, but I did have the spurting issue especially in the hand basin! It was resolved when I put in a one way valve in the line to the hand pump on the sink. Because we never use it, the seal on the hand pump was letting air back into the water pipe. If it isn't that, then I would check all the John Guest fittings that the water pipes are pushed right into the fitting. Actually each John Guest should have Circlips to stop the pipe from coming out!
CJ1177 has esponded re filling your water tanks and being connected to mains water. And yes, if connected to mains water, don't have your 12 volt water pump on, otherwise turn it off at night as the pressure in the pipes appears to reduce during the night and the pump will come on for very short pumps.
Thanks for the quick reply, I shall spend some time on this tomorrow. Hopefully rectify, many thanks

xixau

Oct 14, 2013
"I have made up a Y piece for the end of my hose so I can fill both tanks at the same time.I have made up a Y piece for the end of my hose so I can fill both tanks at the same time."

That is insanely simple and at the same time genius, thanks CJ1177 !!